ParkPilot thinks a trailer is attached after battery drain...

View attachment 100619View attachment 100620
How am I looking? To the uninformed it looks, well, good...
That all looks good, the fault must be somewhere else, can you check the connections to the towing module? Factory fitted is under the drivers seat- could be a faulty module. you'd be able to check with VCDS. Not all 13pin sockets have a microswitch, maybe yours doesn't

I know this may sound like i'm stupid or silly but I'll ask.

The cable routes to the inside nearside arch where I belive the trailer prep sits.
My old t5.1 used to collect water there from the leaky roof rail. Is that worth a check.
Also if your van is lined, could a screw have gone through any of the cabling?

I know this may sound like i'm stupid or silly but I'll ask.

The cable routes to the inside nearside arch where I belive the trailer prep sits.
My old t5.1 used to collect water there from the leaky roof rail. Is that worth a check.
Also if your van is lined, could a screw have gone through any of the cabling?
factory fit module should be under passenger seat.

*Solved*

OK, so nothing was working. *Nothing*. I decided that based on @Pauly 's post in this thread that I would have a look under the seat (I've just seen your reply now @Deaky, thanks!) at the module. Hated the thought, as I imagined that based on everything else VW that I've experienced thus far it would end up being a take-the-seat-out-job. But it wasn't. Could see a couple of electrical boxes under there, and the picture in Pauly's post showed me which one it was. Thanks dude! So I thought, red connector or black connector - felt like I was about to cut a wire in a bomb! Red prob power - I'll try black first. Went to pull it out....and it was already out - just still located in the space. Seems that the yank on to the back of the recovery vehicle made it loose. I watched the thing 'crash' and bring up the trailer thing 'live', I just never figured it was anything other than the electrical issue.

So, plugged in, I now have my sensors working again! It took about an hour for the bulb-missing light to go out, but it did eventually.

I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone for helping out a potato like me.

Is there a way that I can repay?

Advice is free thats the point of the forum
At this point i would use your scan tool to clear any stored fault codes then after you have driven it scan again just to be safe

Sorry for the miss info. Now I'm looking on a large screen it look like I didn't ring the switch bit.

Glad you've got it sorted.

Back