Parkpilot Sounds Working, But No Display

Multivan T6

Team,

I have a Highline Multivan, built in Feb 2017.

When the ParkPilot activates with an object near the car, the sound of the alarms activates, but the display does not change, and there is no indication of which sensor is activating. It is very annoying. Uploaded is my display when the alarms are going off, and the display that should be there according to the manual.

F58A0185-1CB6-411F-90EC-2AD53FF3077C.jpeg

880B7BEC-B16E-4FC0-BDDE-66AD28E98FCE.jpeg

Have you tried reboot of the headunit? (Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds)

thats the stop/start you have highlighted in green.

the PDC/parkpilot is the button bellow. . . . . the P.

have you got the rear camera fitted?

did it work before?

try @Loz suggestion above.

Yes, the circle is in the wrong spot. I recently got the car second hand, and it has never worked. The highline has the reversing camera fitting. It is the top model

I have a Highline Multivan, built in Feb 2017.

well its in warranty so maybe a dealer visit . . . . . ?

failing that maybe a VCDS session to check the coding is correct.?

just a note that if the PDC system has a fault anywhere it will not start. . . . . so with that in mind does it appear to be working? ie does it detect objects near the van with varying beeping . . . .or is it just a solid tone?

there might be an issue with PDC causing it to not start?

@Dellmassive makes a good point there, if a sensor is faulty/unplugged or any other issue with the system then it won’t activate
Depending on the fault it will sometimes flash the button instead of activating to let you know something is wrong

Probably worth getting it plugged in to see what, if any, fault codes are stored
The system utilises it own control module connected to the vans systems so can be interrogated and will specific any faults present

Thank you very much! I can hear the beeps, and the tones do change depending on how close I am and if the object is in the front or the rear. Just no display on the console...

looks like a code reader session for any stored fault codes or a trip to the dealer.

the only other suggestion i have adding to @Loz above you be a full system wide reset, disconnect the van batterys for 30mins.

there is also a tech note that before you reconnect the van-cables back to the battery, that you touch the +ve and -ve van-cables together to drain any capacitive charge in the system. (dont short out the battery - just the already disconnected battery cables!)

I've got the same issue! The Composition Colour froze over the Christmas period so I rebooted it (by holding power button for 10-20 seconds until logo appeared). That sorted the stereo out however I noticed since that I only get the beeps from the rear sensors and no park pilot display! Is there anything I can do as I've discovered I really miss it now it's gone! I don't really fancy taking it to a main dealer if at all possible to hook up to a VCDS and don't know anyone in the Skipton area who has one unfortunately! Thanks in advance.

I've got the same issue! The Composition Colour froze over the Christmas period so I rebooted it (by holding power button for 10-20 seconds until logo appeared). That sorted the stereo out however I noticed since that I only get the beeps from the rear sensors and no park pilot display! Is there anything I can do as I've discovered I really miss it now it's gone! I don't really fancy taking it to a main dealer if at all possible to hook up to a VCDS and don't know anyone in the Skipton area who has one unfortunately! Thanks in advance.
Bump

Can anyone help or advise on this please, any help would be really appreciated, thanks Andy :)

Back