Parcel Shelf!......

Olly T6

blackberry 240 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Guru
god knows how many times I’ve put this into google search! Let’s see em guys, I’ve seen the forty winks beds/parcel shelf’s I just can’t spend over £400 on somthing that really is over priced!
I don’t wanna use wood and make a very home made looking thing, so let’s see what’s about guys?
Cheers Olly

This is a good thread Forty winks bed?????? Just do a search...
If you're good with your hands then there's no reason why you can't DIY. Maybe use Moorland lightweight ply with a routed edge and plastic edging as per the furniture finish. Any decent fabricator or metal gate maker can make a frame up to your spec... Just need a fag packet :)

Aye , old set up was good for the double rear seat , now have a triple seat in the new van & loving the new set up too.
The old frame is for sale , although I'm in the north of Scotland & too heavy / big to post.

I know you said no to price of wood but now mine is carpeted it looks good. Try to get a finished pic asap. However key point is does the job, dog crate under, bikes above, easily packed and unpacked
IMG_20180326_141310.jpg

I spoke to the guy who’s fabbed me some bits before and he reckons he can fab up some kind of frame work for a couple of hundred which suits me better

Last edited:
When you see a forty winks in comparison to something "knocked up" you'll see it's worth it.

Compared to exploria it's a bargain too

When you see a forty winks in comparison to something "knocked up" you'll see it's worth it.

Compared to exploria it's a bargain too
I hear you mate but as it’s being used as a parcel shelf and not bed I really can’t justify over £400, once it’s powder coated etc I’m sure it will be fine, plus once you get some ply and wrap it in carpet you won’t even see it, but I could be wrong hahaha it could end up looking like a turd haha

Back