Parasitic Draw Of Battery

Keaney

VIP Member
T6 Guru
looks like I have a parasitic draw in my battery of 0.05amps it sounds like a acceptable amount is 0.02amps. Does anyone know if that’s right?

Anyway started looking at the fuses and found if I remove the SC47 turn and brake light fuse it drops down to 0.02amps.

Anyone know if this is right and why there would be a draw from that fuse when the van is off and nothing on?

Do you have anything after market fitted to your van.
I have changed all bulbs to LED and now my number plate lights are very dimly lit all the time.
I know why and don't let it bother me.

Yeah have air suspension, travelinlite folding mirror module and dash camera running from starter battery but don’t think they are to blame as pulling their fuse out changed nothing

Would their be a 'standby' mode on these mate.. so there all ready to go at touch of button?

Would their be a 'standby' mode on these mate.. so there all ready to go at touch of button?
Don’t think so... it’s been fine to be honest and only recently started doing it after getting a autowatch ghost fitted but that only comes on from ignition.

Do you have anything after market fitted to your van.
I have changed all bulbs to LED and now my number plate lights are very dimly lit all the time.
This will be because of the bulb monitoring circuit. It passes a very low current at all times so that it can detect and alert when a bulb has failed. The current is too low to light a filament bulb but will cause some LEDs to glow dimly.

looks like I have a parasitic draw in my battery of 0.05amps it sounds like a acceptable amount is 0.02amps. Does anyone know if that’s right?

Anyway started looking at the fuses and found if I remove the SC47 turn and brake light fuse it drops down to 0.02amps.

Anyone know if this is right and why there would be a draw from that fuse when the van is off and nothing on?
I wouldn't call o.05 excessive on a T6 with some extras on it. Your Ghost may be connected to the brake light supply and will draw a small amount of current. Check with your Ghost installer where they picked up its power from.

It’s booked into Vw on Thursday... May be a battery issue or from what else I’ve read a software issue

As it's the best time of the year to chase dim residual lights in the van I also noticed that factory number plate lights are dimly lit - but only till I close all the doors, bonnet and lock the van and wait about a minute. That seems to be the time required for the BCM to shut down completely. Interested to hear if this is true also on your van @Ed Webb .

Don't they turn off completely soon after locking the van? (About 60 more seconds...)

TBH I’ve never checked. I’ve noticed it when I’m camping, as the van tends to be open and they tend to be dark places so it’s easily noticed. I’ll check tonight.

Pete.

I have seen it mentioned before that that seem to be very dimly lit, but as they are led I suspect you would find it difficult to measure such a small amount.

Back