However, the front belts don't have anything they are fixed exactly the same as the rears without the plate, so why extra strength is required on the second row and not the front belts I don't know. We will see I suppose

I think the fronts will have reinforcement already built into the B pillar. After all, all vans have front seatbelts, only some have them in the rear. :thumbsup:

I think the fronts will have reinforcement already built into the B pillar. After all, all vans have front seatbelts, only some have them in the rear. :thumbsup:
They looked the same to me, gave it a little wiggle and it was no more rigid or secure feeling than the rears without the support bracket

ps top tip for you c pillar seatbelt mount hole plate fitment people...
drill your hole....measure measure and measure again so your happy your right...

then get x2 long hacksaw blades...tape them together nearish the ends...
then slide your nut/bracket in tightly inbetween the two blades at one end.....so its gripped it (a bit like a set of pliers would)
you can get you hand in the seatbelt fitment hole...shove the blade and bracket up there carefully...it will reach the hole..
.......nail your top bolt in with the belt bits attached...
jobs a fish...
@T6DSGChris Just picked up my 1+1+1 to swap out my 2+1 in my factory Kombi.
Do you have the 4 reinforcing brackets I’m going to need?

@StueyStuey your going to have to let me know which ones specifically as unsure which as i have fitted so many, but i did overbuy ....
long double bracket? normally silver in colour...? would think you'd have x2 of them already from the singe to the double joining area underneath..

@StueyStuey your going to have to let me know which ones specifically as unsure which as i have fitted so many, but i did overbuy ....
long double bracket? normally silver in colour...? would think you'd have x2 of them already from the singe to the double joining area underneath..
These are the 4x additional points I need to install if anyone knows which reinforcing brackets please? I can’t be sure from the pics posted in here already.

E39E92AE-11D9-48B9-8006-F49DE9F0D5D9.jpeg

you need x2 long ones ....they cover both the middle seat and the right seat.. you already have these type for the close ones nearest us...
so x2 more, will look them out today and mesg you :)

I was thinking I’d need 4

2 for the front fixings (LHS in the pic) and 2 for the back fixings (RHS in the pic)

i saw above about removing 2+1.... on the 2+1 the nearest (close together four) idents use same brackets for the double seat outer(left side of double) and the single (right side) fixings..i assumed you had borrowed this pic...and you already had holes but had to drill more...

get under see what you have if above is true

i saw above about removing 2+1.... on the 2+1 the nearest (close together four) idents use same brackets for the double seat outer(left side of double) and the single (right side) fixings..i assumed you had borrowed this pic...and you already had holes but had to drill more...

get under see what you have if above is true

Removing 2+1 seats to swap to 1+1+1 seats is my interpretation. Hence adding four brackets.

He wouldn't be removing any of the existing 2+1 brackets if he's changing to 1+1+1.

Last edited:
your right im wrong...thought about it now... either side of chassis rail... durrr....my apologies.. 2 up front either side of rail... 2 rear
£40 plus few quid postage if required... new...i just bought too many doing the row 3 situ.... had to make, order weird different ones for mines, thus the overbuy.

@T6DSGChris @foggy3061 gents thank you for your help.

@T6DSGChris I was chatting about this with a mate today when he revealed he uses TPS all the time for work so he’s got me what I need for a price I can’t refuse.

He’s gonna regret telling me for sure!!!!!

dont get too used to it....they are like a monkey f :speechless: king a football team at times.
glad you sorted. mine we're tps and i bought a shedload of brackets and tbh put through my books so clueless as to what paid...just looked online to compare :)

hi there , i am new to The T6 forum and i had a vw T6 van 2016 that i am converting to a kombi . i have brougt a 3 seater bench seat from a t6 , this the one that is held in but for quick release brackets , i have the brackets , i dont have the reinforement plate as not sure which ones i need or how many . does anyone know and also diagrams of how to fit them . thanks in advance

hi there , i am new to The T6 forum and i had a vw T6 van 2016 that i am converting to a kombi . i have brougt a 3 seater bench seat from a t6 , this the one that is held in but for quick release brackets , i have the brackets , i dont have the reinforement plate as not sure which ones i need or how many . does anyone know and also diagrams of how to fit them . thanks in advance

You will need 8 of the double reinforcement plates, even though in your arrangement you will only use one hole in each.

You will need 8 of the double reinforcement plates, even though in your arrangement you will only use one hole in each.
As @Foggy says with the brackets. It’s pretty simple if you follow the guidance earlier in the thread. Once you are under the van you will see where they go. The biggest part of the job is getting all the underneath stripped to access. All the plastics need to come off, split the exhaust, un-clip the handbrake cable then you need to drop the tank to get the exhaust heat shield off.

Drilling and fitting the brackets doesn’t take long. I fitted my 1+1+1 last week.2BA8C922-028F-4193-854C-2AD39ECE88BA.jpeg

Can anyone help please. I'm fitting seat belts to second row of my T5. Bought the reinforcement brackets for c pillar and the inertia drum is no problem . My problem is the bottom anchor. I don't have a hole or anything to bolt it to. How do you install the bottom anchor? Thanks

Back