I found this website: side panel, inner Transporter (TR) 2016 year Volkswagen EUROPA 809000

On that list part number 45 (7H3 810 301 B and 7H3 810 302 B) seem to only be needed for vehicles with a wheelbase of 3400MM (LWB).

It looks like part number 4 (7H0 809 417 A and 7H0 809 418 A) may be needed for SWB vans?

I think the best way to tell is if a kind soul with a factory Kombi took some detailed pictures of the area to share with us :)

Did anyone find out about these brackets?

Just taught this may be helpful a Renault Espace 2008 on have quick release isofix and integrated seat belts at s fraction of the price, also can be fitted single

Just taught this may be helpful a Renault Espace 2008 on have quick release isofix and integrated seat belts at s fraction of the price, also can be fitted single

Transit custom rear seats can be used too, for the same reasons.

However, because they aren't designed for use in a T5/T5.1/T6, they might not be as well recieved by your insurer.

They're more of a custom fit rather than retrofit.

Transit custom rear seats can be used too, for the same reasons.

However, because they aren't designed for use in a T5/T5.1/T6, they might not be as well recieved by your insurer.

They're more of a custom fit rather than retrofit.
Once your engineer signs off on the fitting of the seat its irrelevant if there designed for the vechicle or not. Engineers report hoes to insurance company job done.

Once your engineer signs off on the fitting of the seat its irrelevant if there designed for the vechicle or not. Engineers report hoes to insurance company job done.

Yet if you fit the oem seats using all the oem parts most insurers won't require an engineers report.

I'd be concerned about how well folks are reinforcing the floor for the 'other make' rear seats, externally, under the van.

I’ve seen engineers reports pass some seriously dodgy custom bike frames in the past.
I’d be more concerned about whether an insurance company pays out in a claim after an accident investigation rather than whether I can obtain an insurance certificate.

Yet if you fit the oem seats using all the oem parts most insurers won't require an engineers report.

I'd be concerned about how well folks are reinforcing the floor for the 'other make' rear seats, externally, under the van.

But then we are back to most insurers and possible not all. But I do appreciate where your coming from.
That I'm sure would be up to the engineer to determine I dont think he would be signing off if it was not correct, he would be on the chopping block

I’ve seen engineers reports pass some seriously dodgy custom bike frames in the past.
I’d be more concerned about whether an insurance company pays out in a claim after an accident investigation rather than whether I can obtain an insurance certificate.

I once had a customer present his M/C for MOT and was surprised when it failed on two large rust holes in the underside of the swing arm. His response was, I though they'd be fine! :eek:

I'd be more concerned that all passengers survived the accident and didnt suffer any harm from a potentintially insufficient seat mount reinforcement.

But then we are back to most insurers and possible not all. But I do appreciate where your coming from.
That I'm sure would be up to the engineer to determine I dont think he would be signing off if it was not correct, he would be on the chopping block

IMO the engineer should really be dropping the under side plastics / tank to inspect the mounts and reinforcements.

Doubt that'll happen though!

Reactions: DXX
Guys, great info, I’m (just to mix it up) fitting the middle row of seats, single & a double ‘But’ the left hand drive seat up, so would that change anything on the mounts or is it just mirrored? I have the seats, the mounts for inside the van, then a random selection of brackets that came with one of the seats. Can anyone confirm what I’m missing, how many more brackets I’d need please Thank you C95E69C4-0748-4627-9079-8672BFEE9617.jpeg

Hi Peeps,

I have just bought a triple seat with the middle legs (if that makes sense). My question is what strengthening brackets do I need and how many? My Google Fu is failing me so any help will be greatly appreciated. It's for a 53 T5 btw.

Thanks and regards
Phil

ps top tip for you c pillar seatbelt mount hole plate fitment people...
drill your hole....measure measure and measure again so your happy your right...

then get x2 long hacksaw blades...tape them together nearish the ends...
then slide your nut/bracket in tightly inbetween the two blades at one end.....so its gripped it (a bit like a set of pliers would)
you can get you hand in the seatbelt fitment hole...shove the blade and bracket up there carefully...it will reach the hole..
.......nail your top bolt in with the belt bits attached...
jobs a fish...

Reactions: DXX
Brilliant thread some priceless information here. I'm fitting a triple seat into the second row. I will only be using the middle 4 floor brackets. Does that mean I still need to use 8 of the long type support brackets even tho I'll only be using one hole from each? Or can I use the shorter ones?
I know someone asked something similar but it was for a different seat set up, and I think someone just above asked the same but haven't had a reply.
Thanks in advance

Brilliant thread some priceless information here. I'm fitting a triple seat into the second row. I will only be using the middle 4 floor brackets. Does that mean I still need to use 8 of the long type support brackets even tho I'll only be using one hole from each? Or can I use the shorter ones?
I know someone asked something similar but it was for a different seat set up, and I think someone just above asked the same but haven't had a reply.
Thanks in advance

Yes, you'd use 8 of the long reinforcement plates even though you're only going fit 4 brackets through them. They're designed to fit the underside of the centre of the van. :thumbsup:

The single side reinforcement brackets are designed to sit on the uneven floor at the side. They have a stepped profile that faces the underside of the van floor.

Last edited:
Fitted the brackets today, bought the reinforcement plates from TPS only like £5 each and in stock. Took less than an hour start to finish. Will be finishing off the seatbelts tomorrow, just had a read through this again regarding the hole positions for them. So I do both sides 255mm down from datum1, and depending on it being swb/lwb and the door configuration determines the distance from the top/bottom

I've got all the part numbers for the seatbelt fixings now, including the L shaped reinforcement brackets for behind the inertia wheel. They are only £7 each and I'll post them with pics when they arrive on Tuesday.

I've got all the part numbers for the seatbelt fixings now, including the L shaped reinforcement brackets for behind the inertia wheel. They are only £7 each and I'll post them with pics when they arrive on Tuesday.

Good work! I'm keen to see those intertia reel reinforcements! I'd like to add those into mine. :thumbsup:

Yea me too, I've not seen a proper image of them. I can only assume it sits in the little notch at the top of the opening, the same as the one the inertia reel sits in. Some reels have a bit on the the top that slots in then bolt at the bottom so it takes the play out of it. However, the front belts don't have anything they are fixed exactly the same as the rears without the plate, so why extra strength is required on the second row and not the front belts I don't know. We will see I suppose

Back