Great thread foggy! Doing this myself at the momet, bought all the seats/ brackets ect. I’ve removed my bulkhead and still have the lip where the bulkhead bolts into. Is this just bolted under my wood flooring and seatbelt pillar plastics or is it a grinder job?:whistle:

Great thread foggy! Doing this myself at the momet, bought all the seats/ brackets ect. I’ve removed my bulkhead and still have the lip where the bulkhead bolts into. Is this just bolted under my wood flooring and seatbelt pillar plastics or is it a grinder job?:whistle:

The two upper black bulkhead attachment points (LH & RH) are bolted on behind the B pillar trims.

The lower body coloured section is welded in and will require a few welds grinding back to remove.

I left my lower bulkhead attachment section in as I have a custom lower bulkhead fitted. :thumbsup:

There's a few images showing where it's welded here:

VW T5 Bulkhead – VW Build

Last edited:
Have a Nosey at mine mate !!

G
Update on photos coming, just waiting for my Diesel heater fuel pick up and i'll finish of the instalment , but just to add, got some more parts from TPS to finish it of

7h0 810 583 seat belt reinforcement plates for c pillar £3.18
7ho 803 547A seat brackets washer things £2.23 each
7h0 803 548A same as above but for the other side of chassis £2.23each
7h0 802 763A large seat bracket washer things but they join seats togather £4.35each and you need 8

G'day Elliot, I was wondering if you also have teh part numbers for the underfloor reinforcement plates? Who is TPS? Thanks

G'day Elliot, I was wondering if you also have teh part numbers for the underfloor reinforcement plates? Who is TPS? Thanks

The parts he calls 'seat bracket washers' in the post you quoted are the underside reinforcement plates. :thumbsup:

7H0 803 547 A - single reinforcement bracket (side of vehicle)
7H0 803 548 A - single reinforcement bracket (side of vehicle, mirror image of above bracket)
7H0 802 763 A - double reinforcement bracket (for centre of vehicle)

Last edited:
Helpful thread! Does anyone know if you can get 1+1+1 (all with integrated seat belts) to fit alongside each other?

The middle seat looks often looks like it has an integrated belt, but ideally I’d like all three to have it if possible.

Also.... does pouting the extra row of seats in increase the insurance much?

I’d only be popping the seats in occasionally for the odd camping trip, as mines used as a work van 99% of the time.

Helpful thread! Does anyone know if you can get 1+1+1 (all with integrated seat belts) to fit alongside each other?

The middle seat looks often looks like it has an integrated belt, but ideally I’d like all three to have it if possible.

Not unless you go for the caravelle type seats and even then you'd only have 2 single seats in the second row or the big 3 seat bench. I'm not sure if the caravelle seats can be easily removed though.

That or fit some other brand van seats that have integrated seat belts.......:eek:

Also.... does pouting the extra row of seats in increase the insurance much?

I’d only be popping the seats in occasionally for the odd camping trip, as mines used as a work van 99% of the time.

Depends on your insurer. Some will up your price if you fit yellow valve dust caps! :laugh:

Mine is insured with Brentacre so there wasnt any price increase for the kombi conversion. Only performance increasing mods would affect price.

Update on photos coming, just waiting for my Diesel heater fuel pick up and i'll finish of the instalment , but just to add, got some more parts from TPS to finish it of

7h0 802 763A large seat bracket washer things but they join seats togather £4.35each and you need 8

Hi Elliot,

This thread has been so helpful on my kombi seat install! Finished it up at the weekend and have came to install the seat belts.

Can you tell me if your seat belt brackets had this angle on? Reason being is that I’ve been told I’ve ordered the wrong ones and that they are meant to be flat?

8FE8AF67-4186-4F70-843C-933B6AE834F0.jpeg

@SButcher I doubt Elliot can help, he hasn't been on in a while!

20190520_155134.jpg

Anyway, that bracket doesnt look like the C pillar ones I used!

I used part no 7H0 810 563

20171220_115954.jpg

Looks like you ordered 7H0 810 583 rather than 7H0 810 563......or the VW parts man did?

and finished........

Just a case of clipping the seats in, adjusting the seating capacity on the V5 and insuring the conversion! :thumbsup:

View attachment 23086 View attachment 23087 View attachment 23088 View attachment 23089 View attachment 23090 View attachment 23091
Great post. Can I ask is there a difference in somaro or pandu? Is it literally just a different trim (material) or is the styling completely different. We are somaro from seats and looking at getting a 1+1+1 rear as you have but can only find in pandu.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Great post. Can I ask is there a difference in somaro or pandu? Is it literally just a different trim (material) or is the styling completely different. We are somaro from seats and looking at getting a 1+1+1 rear as you have but can only find in pandu.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Yes, it's purely a change in material pattern though I think the pandu does feel a better quality material (my front seats are simora).

It was a little hobsons choice, as you say, I wanted 1+1+1 which ment pandu as that's all I could find (most come from shuttles I think)!

hi, why you make a hole above the belt clip. for the string?

The hole with rivet in, above the upper belt mount is to hold the mount in place.

I drilled a hole either side on the seat belt mounting plate threaded boss and used those holes to rivet it in place inside the C pillar.

20190620_204348.jpg
20190620_204436.jpg

yes but you made a hole at the very top of one side

Ah, I see, I guess you mean this hole?

20190621_090654.jpg

If so, I didn't drill that hole. It's a redundant hole from a self tapping screw that held the original ply wood lining in (from when the vehicle was just a panel van).

Last edited:
Back