Call me stupid but newbie. I've ordered new t6 van so I'll be wanting to do this and install rear seats. What do I search or ask for? T5 rear seats t6 rear seats ?????

Must uk kombi t6 seats are the same as t5 i.e 2+1 a double seat and single, if you go on eBay type in vw t6 kombi seats theirs plenty of choice,

I've got to do my fuel tank again this week so will get more pics of the underside, the last lot got deleted? Really easy though!!

Cheers. What about seat belts and attachments for the seats?
I'm currently doing the same as you, depending on what seat configuration you want, it seems that there's plenty of the three piece bench seat about, and a lot of people have the full lot for sale seats flooring etc, cost wise when I've been hunting your looking around £800 ish.
@Guppy has a set but unfortunately its not what I want for mine, hope you can both do a deal .

image.png
Looks like £2,500 ish difference between the two as a starting price anyway, so maybe you will save a lot. Interesting post. Anymore pics?

For me to get the Highline kombi, instead of the highline panel van was £6000 more
I could have maybe got a lower BHP and spec Kombi and shaved a bit off the price, but I was happy. I purchased the majority of mine cash so didn't want to borrow much. I think I can easily put the bits in my van I need with better quality panels and lining, insulation etc. cheaper .

Call me stupid but newbie. I've ordered new t6 van so I'll be wanting to do this and install rear seats. What do I search or ask for? T5 rear seats t6 rear seats ?????
Hi,
I can a full set of rear seats taken out of a Highline Kombi......Toby at T4life is converting the van......he will take all the seats, brackets, seat belts and the mat...etc out and will wrap it up ready for collection [he can pallet it up if need be}....£700
See pics on other thread
Andy

Thought I’d add my experiences, it might help others in future!

I lifted the van up to get more room to work underneath while removing all the plastic guards, exhaust, heatshield, disconnecting the handbrake cable (only momentarily while dropping the heatshield) and fuel tank from the underside. I also removed the spare wheel in order to get enough room/movement when removing the exhaust.

Image (1).jpg

In front of the fuel tank and up against the van floor are the two fuel lines and a multi connector to disconnect (and cover to prevent crap getting in). I had previously run the fuel tank down so there was next to nothing in it, this made it really easy to handle while removing. I also looped some string around the fuel filler neck so when I was refitting the tank it was easier to guide/position.

Image (36).jpg Image (1.1).jpg Image (1.2).jpg Image (2).jpg Image (3).jpg

Then it was a case of measuring carefully and drilling all the holes in the floor! Once drilled, I primed and painted all the new holes. I also sealed around the underside of them too when fitting the reinforcement plates and seat brackets.

Image (5).jpg Image (6).jpg

Last edited:
Continued once again.......

Image (15).jpg Image (16).jpg

When fitted, each of my seat bracket pairs measured at 400mm between the centres of the seat attachment bar, and the seats clicked in perfectly post install…….. just for info!

Image (17).jpg Image (18).jpg Image (19).jpg

Then on to the inner brackets which use the shared reinforcement plates.

Image (20).jpg Image (21).jpg Image (22).jpg

Some more continuation........

Image (23).jpg Image (24).jpg Image (25).jpg Image (26).jpg Image (27).jpg Image (28).jpg

The kombi mat/flooring needed cutting in my application, 3 x single seats. Though there are recesses/indications on the reverse of the mat to make the cut out, I found it easier to lay it out flat and use the existing cut outs to create guide lines to cut the new holes.

Image (29).jpg Image (30).jpg

and still going........

Image (31).jpg Image (32).jpg Image (33).jpg Image (34).jpg Image (35).jpg

The rear seatbelt top mount bolt position on the C pillar was gained by measuring down from datum 1, the distance of 255mm kindly supplied by @Deaky. Then I used the VW reinforcement plates but drilled them either end in order to affix them with rivets.

Image (39).jpg Image (40).jpg Image (41).jpg

Brilliant write up foggy, can I ask how you got the top mount plates behind in the C pillar ?

Mark

I first copied/marked the three holes on my bracket to the outside of the C pillar (the main bolt hole and the two rivet holes I added, one either side of the main bolt hole), then drilled them through.

Then i used some wire that was just strong enough to hold up and direct the bracket and wound a P shape (without twisting) over the outer diameter of the thread boss at the rear of the bracket. I used this to feed the bracket up the in side of the C pillar til it aligned with the holes then 'caught' the threads with the seat belt bolt. Once it was caught I fitted the rivets and pulled them up. Then I gave the guide wire a sharp pull to unravel it from the rear of the bracket. :thumbsup:

Another method would be to drop some fine string down through the drilled holes out through the bottom of the C pillar then attach the bracket and pull it up into place. I couldn't find any fine string in the garage at the time of doing mine! :(

Back