Panel-Van To Kombi conversion

Looking good, why brackets did you use to mount the belts on the C pillars ?

Looking good, why brackets did you use to mount the belts on the C pillars ?
@tubs i used genuine vw c pillar brackets, you have to slide them up the inside of the pillar,

Once in I secured with the seat belt bolt then pop riveted in place

Great thread this is what I've been looking for as now going to do myself. Got all parts just pondering the "can it be done on the drive" scenario as local garages are quoting me £500 plus. Don't mind if I ask but any advice tips you can give I will appreciate it, also how long did it take as mines a work van so could it be done over a weekend? Cheers

@Anthony Rowe

I did mine on a weekend, stayed stripping the covers of night before, took about 2 hours in all including dropping the tank

Then next day, marked drilled, riveted and bolted all the seats and brackets in place,

Easily doable in a day and feel free to ask anything you need to know

I should do a detailed write up once I get the laptop out

Cheers Yorkyrmcdo appreciate your help I may start planning a weekend to do, thanks also I may be back asking for some advice:thumbsup:

@Anthony Rowe

I did mine on a weekend, stayed stripping the covers of night before, took about 2 hours in all including dropping the tank

Then next day, marked drilled, riveted and bolted all the seats and brackets in place,

Easily doable in a day and feel free to ask anything you need to know

I should do a detailed write up once I get the laptop out

Easy to drop the tank ?

Hi all sorry to revive an old thread, im doing this conversion at the weekend and im looking for the Torque Settings for the nut that hold the seat brackets in place?
Or is it just FT lol

Hi all sorry to revive an old thread, im doing this conversion at the weekend and im looking for the Torque Settings for the nut that hold the seat brackets in place?
Or is it just FT lol

I did mine FT.
They are mans studs and bolts so you can crank them down.

Back