Sold Pair of RIB T5 / T6 Offset Seat Swivels + Raising Shims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoarder

VIP Member
For sale are a pair (1 x Drivers & 1 x Passenger) of RIB VW T5 / T6 Single Seat Swivels With Offset & Raising shims for both sides.

Used, with a few scratches, but in good working order. With fixings.

IMG_20200705_193054210.jpg

**** SOLD ****

Last edited:
Argh, missed this thread, I was on the forum yesterday as well.... Interested if this falls through please

Sorry, postage would be extra - they are almost 30kg, so would cost about £25 to courier - unless you could collect from Carlisle area (or arrange your own courier/collection)?

Ah ok I see that now. Cheers
Do you recommend these type of swivels @Shaggy1969 ? Any wobbles or rattles ?
I've got heated seats would that cause a problem ?
Not trying to jump the queue on these by the way, the other 2 interested are ahead of me .

They are ok. No noticeable squeaks although the shims do raise the seats a bit and are needed for the driver‘s seat to clear the handbrake (unless lowering). Slight wobble (not bad) but this is due to the swivel taking all the weight. Some trimming of the plastic trims on the inner sides of both seats required. The bottom rear plastic trim won’t need trimming if fitting the shims.

Don‘t know about heated seats but would imagine ok as only swivel one way so any wires wouldn’t get twisted.

Very simple to fit but can confirm they do weigh a fair bit.

if you do consider swivels, mind and tell the insurance folk - my existing insurance company wouldn’t cover them so had to cancel and take out new cover elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Oh hell thats a lot to think about.
Never even thought about insurance implications.
I think I'll just see how I get on without for now and leave them for the others that are interested.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back