Yes mate,just pop the mirror off and a couple of torx screws:thumbsup: it took minutes,even for me:D
How do you pop the mirror off and once you've got it off does that mean you can dismantle all the wing mirror then , just had my left wing mirror twatted which hasn't smashed but the back cover is a mess and needs replacing .
I'm useless at this sort of thing and expect I will do even more damage .
Just be careful to make sure the clips along the top go in the right slots, they're rrreeeeeally easy to break

How do you pop the mirror off

Tilt it forward then get your fingers underneath it then give it a pull,I have had my mirrors off a couple of times now:thumbsup:

Removing the mirror allows you to get to the screws that hold the cover on:thumbsup:

It is easy mate:thumbsup:

Tilt it forward then get your fingers underneath it then give it a pull,I have had my mirrors off a couple of times now:thumbsup:

Removing the mirror allows you to get to the screws that hold the cover on:thumbsup:

It is easy mate:thumbsup:
Cheers for that Richi but you've not seen me in action

Has anyone been able to remove the main wing mirror cover without braking any clips?

Mine got hit the other day, covers okay but the impact managed to break the clips. Glued them but not quite the same.

Got new parts and got the mirror cover painted but I think the very small clip on the inner part towards swivel mech, has broken when I've been fitting the new one this evening. It looks fine but I know that its not quote right due to the gap being slightly larger. However don't want to take it off if I risk braking the clips. Nightmare!!!

Has anyone been able to remove the main wing mirror cover without braking any clips?

Mine got hit the other day, covers okay but the impact managed to break the clips. Glued them but not quite the same.

Got new parts and got the mirror cover painted but I think the very small clip on the inner part towards swivel mech, has broken when I've been fitting the new one this evening. It looks fine but I know that its not quote right due to the gap being slightly larger. However don't want to take it off if I risk braking the clips. Nightmare!!!
I’m the same, every time I’ve either taken a door mirror cover off or put one on, I’ve broken at least one clip.

Richi reckons it's simple but I haven't got the nerve to do mine yet

I would make sure that you are taking them off when its warm! Either get it in a workshop / garage with the space heater on, or make sure the mirror is in the sun before you try. As folks have said the clips break really easily, but they are a bit more pliable when they have warmed up.

Maybe warming with a heat gun for a few minutes might help?

I would make sure that you are taking them off when its warm! Either get it in a workshop / garage with the space heater on, or make sure the mirror is in the sun before you try. As folks have said the clips break really easily, but they are a bit more pliable when they have warmed up.

Maybe warming with a heat gun for a few minutes might help?

or a hairdryer

I’ve never found the flexibility an issue, more that you have to ensure all the clips are lined up and you can’t see them all as you’re pushing the cover on. If one goes to the wrong side it snaps.

Pauly - I too have just experienced a ‘mirror strike’, in the dark on way home from work (no idea what hit me - suddenly mirror exploded)!
Anyway, fortunately just top and bottom covers and new heated mirror glass needed. It’s 2017 T6 Highline kombi - please could you let me know how best to get in touch to place an order? (Not the most exciting thing for a public forum!!?)
Thanks, Rob

I've had a price of £100 +vat to paint a couple of primed mirror caps. Does this sound ok or are they having me in the net?

Travel lite sell a variety of painted caps for far less than that and they’ve got a 20% discount code @ the mo

Back