Paint protection film to prevent stone chips and scratches

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
I'm off today so going to go look at some paint protection film that one of our local care care company's do.
Has anyone on here had it done was going to go gtechniq serum but could I get this film fitted then add a ceramic protection on top of film or am I just going over the top here
3000 miles on the clock allready stone chips on bonnet bottom splitter a car park scuff on side of bumper and car park light scratch on drivers side wing. Got to nip this in the bud asap

@andythom188 , the paint protection system won't be any point on top of the vinyl IMO, but might work the other way around, but might also caus adhesion problems for the fil, so best talk to a wraping firm first.. The film is a god idea, going on a course in order to do mine ASAP, but might give it a go before, I can only screw it up and remove it myself :eek: it won't however stop the scuffs and dings as such, but it's better than nowt!

This is what i was thinking if get Gtechniq put on first might cause adhesion problems will talk to them today they know im calling in, cheers pal

My Gtechniq man put exo on top of the vinyl as it still improves the surface like the serum does on the paintwork.

I have the Williams ceramic coating on mine with a layer of wax on top for shine, had the bonnet vinyl wrapped from new, comes up nice every time. I agree with @T6 Dave no point having the coat on top of the wrap. Nothing will stop idiots scratching the vehicle other than parking along way away from other people!

My Gtechniq man put exo on top of the vinyl as it still improves the surface like the serum does on the paintwork.
Did you have the full van done in vinyl in that i mean front end and sides and rear no point doing roof

Did you have the full van done in vinyl in that i mean front end and sides and rear no point doing roof
Full front, front wings, door leading quarters, door handle cups, rear winglets in front of mud flaps and mirror caps.

I wish I had got my bonnet clear vinyl wrapped when new ,it's only done 5000 miles and it's stone chipped to hell ,not happy ☹️

Firm i went to today hasnt got the pattern for front bumper or wings for t6 vinyl .
Keep looking andy

I wish I had got my bonnet clear vinyl wrapped when new ,it's only done 5000 miles and it's stone chipped to hell ,not happy ☹️
Had mine done from new and there is not a mark on it, now done 34k. luck of the draw I think

Last edited:
I wouldn't advise putting any ceramic coating on top of ppf. If it's self healing or not it can damage the hard coat, even certain types of wax and polish shouldn't be used. I've got nearly my whole van done, and I use zaino z2 which I know is ok with the products I fit.

I wouldn't advise putting any ceramic coating on top of ppf. If it's self healing or not it can damage the hard coat, even certain types of wax and polish shouldn't be used. I've got nearly my whole van done, and I use zaino z2 which I know is ok with the products I fit.
Roughly how much would a whole van cost to do m8
I'm awaiting a quote from the place we're was going to get gtechniq done he uses hexis body fence

Last edited:
I use premium shield never scratch, self healing. The whole front fitted is around £1100. If you wanted the sides doing aswell, then you would be looking at about another £800 if it's a short wheelbase. That brings you from bottom of the doors to the swage line below the door handles.

I use premium shield never scratch, self healing. The whole front fitted is around £1100. If you wanted the sides doing aswell, then you would be looking at about another £800 if it's a short wheelbase. That brings you from bottom of the doors to the swage line below the door handles.
I think it's worth doing, wish I had known about this stuff when I had the van new would of saved me paintwork

It's already saved me some, as someone caught the front bumper. All I done was replaced the little bit of film that was damaged and all looks like new again.

Back