Paint Issue

foll19

VIP Member
Hi
Had our 2016 T6 shuttle 4 months now and just noticed the lacquer and paint flaking on the bottom of the rear quarter panel.
Can anyone confirm if this is a warranty job?
Assuming they come with something like a 10yr paint warranty?
I’ll be contacting VW today but just wanted to ask the forum first so I’m armed with some info prior to calling.
Thanks in advance

As a person that spent 12 months and my own money fighting VW on a corrosion issue, i'd say they won't cover this, and come up with some odd explanation as to why it's happened, that will almost certainly be your fault.

You can certainly try, but my advice is if they reject it, don't waste your time pursuing something that's actually not an expensive fix.

Mine ended up being both full sides needing painting, which would of ended up costing a fortune, but that's a simple enough job for a good bodyshop.

I think it's a anti corrosion warranty... not a paint warranty.

But keep us posted.

Looks like it has been painted at some point in its past, is that white peeling off? And white underneath? If so it's just a poor paint job I'm afraid. Vw will not be interested.

Looks to me like it's been painted previously and the base layer wasn't keyed properly. I would get advice from an independent paint shop first.

Sorry to open this thread but did you get it sorted? Mines the same...previously painted...just a poor job I think. Might go two tone as I need to get my Startline bumpers done as well..

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

Sorry to open this thread but did you get it sorted? Mines the same...previously painted...just a poor job I think. Might go two tone as I need to get my Startline bumpers done as well..

View attachment 55048

View attachment 55049
Didn't ever get round to sorting it so can't help yet I'm afraid. Looks similar to mine but yours is over a much larger area. Don't think mine has spread....yet!
Good luck and let us know how you get on. I'm tempted by the 2-tone too. Thinking red on the bottom. You?

Deffo red for me but my missus said she thinks that when people do that they are trying to hide something... she’s right! I’ve only just got the van so it’s going back for warranty repair. My van has had loads of paint that I never noticed when I bought it. I supposed that the trade off when buying a cheaper van from Van Monster....

They have been OK to be fair, just had DMF and driveshaft replaced, £1800 later...

Back