Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating done.

Martin Gibson

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello,i have mentioned on here before about the state of the paintwork on my van. It was truly shocking. The van had only 1500 miles on it when i bought it and was polished and gleaming when i picked it up. As it was washed 2 or 3 times and the polish was washed off,i started noticing various flat spots,swirling,scatches etc and the more i looked,the more there was. Anyhow,i started looking for detailers in Carlisle where i live and came across Cumbria Auto Detailing on facebook and the internet. A lot of the photos were of supercars but a few were transporters and the work looked truly outstanding. I could not believe it when i enquired,it was literally a 10 min walk from my house. I went round and had a discussion with Darren about the work that was needed to sort my van out and got it booked in. He is very well regarded and is usually booked up for a while in advance but i am so glad i waited,Darren is a genuine perfectionist and the vans transformation is exceptional. I will let the before and after photos speak for themselves

image0.JPG image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG image6.JPG image7.JPG
IMG_0093.jpg IMG_0094.jpg IMG_0096.jpg IMG_0097.jpg IMG_0098.jpg IMG_0099.jpg IMG_0100.jpg IMG_0101.jpg IMG_0102.jpg IMG_0103.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 56731 View attachment 56732 View attachment 56733 View attachment 56734 View attachment 56735 View attachment 56736 View attachment 56737 View attachment 56738 View attachment 56739 View attachment 56740 View attachment 56741 View attachment 56742 View attachment 56743 View attachment 56744 View attachment 56745 View attachment 56746 View attachment 56747 View attachment 56748 Hello,i have mentioned on here before about the state of the paintwork on my van. It was truly shocking. The van had only 1500 miles on it when i bought it and was polished and gleaming when i picked it up. As it was washed 2 or 3 times and the polish was washed off,i started noticing various flat spots,swirling,scatches etc and the more i looked,the more there was. Anyhow,i started looking for detailers in Carlisle where i live and came across Cumbria Auto Detailing on facebook and the internet. A lot of the photos were of supercars but a few were transporters and the work looked truly outstanding. I could not believe it when i enquired,it was literally a 10 min walk from my house. I went round and had a discussion with Darren about the work that was needed to sort my van out and got it booked in. He is very well regarded and is usually booked up for a while in advance but i am so glad i waited,Darren is a genuine perfectionist and the vans transformation is exceptional. I will let the before and after photos speak for themselves

Hi Martin.
Your van looks awesome! Is it starlight blue or black? Im waiting to pick up my new starlight blue kombi and was wondering weather to have it ceramic coated to try and keep it looking its best. My old van is a candy white sportline and its been a doddle to keep looking fresh..... Just needed a change and it was a toss up between indium grey and starlight blue. Went blue as seem to be so many grey T6s on the rd.
Do you mind me asking the cost of the ceramic coating to your van?
Cheers

Hi @T5 XTY ,it's deep black pearlescent. Having it ceramic coated will definitely make it easier for you to clean and take care of. There are some prices on Darrens website cumbriaautodetailing.co.uk for different levels of ceramic coatings etc that should give you an idea,i can't really say how much the ceramic was on mine because the price included all the paint correction etc that was done before the coatings were applied so i am not really sure. If you get it done and it's done properly then i'm sure you will be more than happy with it,i certainly am,hope that helps

Back