Paint Bubble

tubs

Tiler
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Rear Arches just above the film the pictures are hard to tell but the paint is blistered , no doubt a waste of time for a VW warranty claim and will just blame the stone chips ?

IMG_1239.JPG IMG_1241.JPG

It's quite hard to make out, but the only time we see bubbles exactly like that in my industry is after a poor quality body repair, which is very common on what we see (Caravans and Motorhomes).
I don't know if the van was new when you got it, but it's not impossible for there to of been a repair prior to you receiving it. I don't know about the commercial industry, but in mine, any repairs by the factory are registered against the chassis number, and can be traced back if ever needed.

I'd be having a chat with your supplying dealer if it was me, because they might except responsibility.
In my experience it will only get worse, and the paint tends to disappear on the blisters, leaving it looking terrible.

We had similar on the Yeti. Skoda said it was stone chips until I pointed out that one was under the clear plastic protection strip. No argument after that and in for a warranty job.

My T5 65 plate 45k miles, has got fairly severe rust on one rear wheel arch. No stone chips just bubbling up under the paint ... took it to a spray shop who said, in production the galvanised panels are sometimes tapped into place during the manufacturing process which breaks the rustproofing and hence fairly bad rust on one arch but the rest are fine ...
Getting it repaired BUT the sprayers, who have an excellent reputation locally said they could not guarantee the repair as it’s an issue that can only be properly fixed with a new panel .... oh I needed a new clutch last year as well due to slave cylinder failure at about 35k ... either I got a Friday afternoon van OR are the vans just poor quality ...

Back