P164b00 fault code oil pressure malfunction.. Glow plug flashing.. start stop not working.. limited revs

Devonjames43

Hi.. New to here
Have a 2.0tdi Crafter 2018 new shape DAU engine with a trouble code P164B00
I see a few T6 owners have had same fault code and never said the Fix...??

We've checked oil pressure.. all good
X2 oil switches & change oil with correct grade & genuine parts..

Any help will be grateful..

Check the actual oil pressure, if not correct drop the sump and check the pick up strainer I’ve had these carboned up and blocking the pick up

Check the actual oil pressure, if not correct drop the sump and check the pick up strainer I’ve had these carboned up and blocking the pick up

Hi..
On these newer ones? Its Done less than 40,000miles
I have checked oil pressure.. 35-40psi..

You can check how the oil switches work when starting the engine at different oil temperatures ( e.g. 25C vs 90C). I have the same error code on a 1.6 TDI engine (Skoda Octavia) and I found differences between cold and hot oil temperature. In my case, I think this problem is from control valve oil pressure. I can confirm this in a few days.

Hi.. fixed by VW in the end, oil pressure Relief Valve
Good to hear, but a bit worrying that a really basic but critical component like that failing.
I assume it’s a straight forward mechanical spring loaded valve or have things got more complicated?

I assume it’s a straight forward mechanical spring loaded valve or have things got more complicated?
I'm afraid it's the latter - as it's found on engine's electrical wiring diagram (of T6).
I believe it was captured here (as oil pump PWM signal):

Back