Jay

Gas Engineer - Baxi Boilers
T6 Guru
Had an engine light on today. Read the code as p0401

P0401 - Generic
Type Powertrain - Auxiliary Emission Controls - ISO/SAE Controlled
Description
Exhaust Gas Recirculation "A" Flow Insufficient Detected

Wondering if any others have had similar before I contact Vw?

Screenshot_20170403-130915.png

Jay it sounds like the EGR is blocking up, what sort of mileage have you got on your motor?
Baz

Just under 10k. Had a good run in it yesterday down the m1.

Ok so drove the round trip to bus types today. Total of 150 miles. Averaged 27 mpg on the mfd. Light is still not back on but a third of a tank used.

Going to phone vw and get it booked in next week.

Well went in yesterday, needs a new egr valve and on back order. Also rear suspensiom cups are distorted
Both covered by warranty but egr valve is on back order.

Also the sliding door catck needs adjusting but apparently this osnt covered by vw warranty after 6 months or 6k miles.

What about good will gesture on the catch, as egr out of stock... Muppets..

Im arguing the point as has been in for this before. Also we have done less then 6k since we brought it from them (4k on the clock). Got to go in to pick up courtesy caravelle from them.

I'd agree if you raised the issue within timescale then you would think the onus is on them to sort it, just make a fuss I'm sure they will sort it not exactly a major job

Reactions: Jay
Hopefully.

Looks like it might be with them for a while as the advised not to drive woth faulty egr as can clog the dpf.

Yes. 150 manual.

Have a 204 dsg courtesy car. Very nice. The missus wasnt happy thoigh. Shes never driven an auto before.

Back