P009000 fault code: 2012 T5 CAAB engine

Chrisbad1

Good day

I was hoping to find some help here, since local mechanics are not making headway.

Friend of mine recently bought a 2012 Transporter T5 with 200k Km on the clock. He did some long trips since then and all was good. On his last trip hope the glow plug indicator started flashing and the van lost power.

He booked it in and the local dealership to fix.
ECU Scan showed P009000 - Fuel Pressure Regulator 'A' Control Circuit/Open

They have replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor, without any positive results.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

You have a Regulator and Sensor on the rail. Now I know the sensor gives the ecu the information for it then to tell the regulator what to do, but if they have changed the rail `sensor` surely I`d like to think they have diagnosed it as faulty as the fault code shows `regulator`. But understand that the fault code needs to be diagnosed as either the cause or the effect of something else. They need to look at live data from both. Either way, it needs to be investigated further.

Reactions: mmi
The stealers now want to replace the ECU, the Fuel pump and some harness at a cost of R67k (£3500). I find it impossible to believe that all 3 those items can go faulty at the same time.
Taking the van away there. Now I really need help from this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a VW dealer? That sounds just like throwing parts at it until its fixed! I guess you haven`t the means to check yourself, but it really needs someone who can read data from the sensors etc. and interpret the fault.

A dealer yes, an my thoughts exactly. In South Africa, dealerships in general, not just VW are the worst when it comes to diagnosing a fault.
I am hoping for another South African on this forum that could direct me to somebody reputable - Stealers (dealers) just don't cut it.

I have the means to check fault codes, unfortunately the vehicle is 500km from me.

ECU Scan showed P009000 - Fuel Pressure Regulator 'A' Control Circuit/Open

They have replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor, without any positive results.
Do you have part number of the component which was replaced?

Besides the pressure sensor (G247) there are two actuators:
Fuel pressure regulating valve (N276)​
Fuel rmetering valve (N290)​
Both are fed by fuse SD12 (10A) (blue/black wire)
1639564037310.png
As the P0090 suggests either faulty actuator OR break in control circuit, how about meanwhile a DIY measure:
1) Clear the fault (verify it cleared, if not there should be an associated fresh timestamp)​
2) IGN OFF​
3) Disconnect the N276 connector​
4) IGN ON - check for the faults & flashing coil light​
5) Start the engine​
6) Check for the faults & flashing glow plug light​

Some feedback - Van is alive!!! One of the pins on the pump fuel pressure regulator was broken.
Regulator replaced and all good now.
Thanks to everyone trying to help.

A big Thanks to Mike in Polokwane who diagnosed and fixed the van at a fraction of the stealers' quote - you are a champ!

Back