OZ Racing Rally Raid alloys 17’s

Joined the club :) Delighted with the fit of these. These are on a Caravelle 4mo with standard suspension.

Thanks all that have shared info and made choosing these fairly straightforward (hardest choice was colour - played it safe in the end).

For reference, I went for Pirelli Scorpion AT+ in 235/65R17 108H on these which are of course 17" x 8" ET35. As previously advised by others, my speedo is now a total match for gps through the range. Fitment appears tight in places but no rubbing whatsoever. Significantly more comfy than the 18's I had on too.

Centre bore on these is direct fit, however certainly my alloys are tapered seat so couldn't use the factory bolts.

View attachment 124920

Being a Caravelle, is your suspension 20mm lower than normal Caravelle T6’s?

Last edited by a moderator:
Waze is reading +3mph compared to speedo now that I have changed the wheels and mpg has fallen from 47mpg to 40mpg

Waze is reading +3mph compared to speedo now that I have changed the wheels and mpg has fallen from 47mpg to 40mpg
MPG. was probably overoptimistic, but if you did a brim-to-brim calculation based on litres purchased and miles covered it will be realistic.

MPG. was probably overoptimistic, but if you did a brim-to-brim calculation based on litres purchased and miles covered it will be realistic.
Don't forget the van will be thinking a mile is a longer / shorter distance than it was before.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s 102 remapped to 150

Hardly noticed any difference at all changing from the 18’s to the Swampers.

Speedo is a bit out. Reads about 3mph lower at sat nav speed of 70 mph

Fitted these, they were not too expensive, but the tyres really made the ride a lot harder, noticeably different on rough roads, but I dont regret it as better off road, but on bad roads yuck!

IMG_0595.jpeg

IMG_0602.jpeg

Van_new_wheels.jpg
Took a long time to arrive - after paying a deposit in May they arrived 5 months later in Brisbane in September. I was very happily surprised when arrived at the tyre shop to collect they vehicle - they looked better than I expected and awesome compared to the stock steel silver rims.
What I found surprising was he inflated a bit lower and the road noise seems signficantly reduced - has anyone else noticed this?

Thread resurrection time!

Wondering what a set of these in bronze would look like on a deep pearl black caravelle with the chrome side trim and a set of silver side bars.

I've been going round and round on wheel choice but I'm almost decided that I need a bit of colour - black wheels on a black van just doesn't work for me.

PXL_20230718_104523712.jpg
1000006243.jpg
Edit: PS of the bronze rally raids on the van, yeah... I like that.

I'd be going for BFG K02's in 225/65 r17. Currently it's on the std 235/55 r17, and it's got 30mm lowering springs on it (so -10mm from a executive caravelle and -30mm from a std t30 t6.

PXL_20230723_111605963.jpg

Last edited:
As per your PS they look great. The bronze, which is a very deep chocolaty bronze on the OZ wheels, really suits the black. The BFG Ko2 are quite an aggressive tyre so bear in mind the road noise.

I'm looking at getting some VW caps made for my 17" OZ rally Raids which are on order. Does anyone know the cap size?

Back