Review: Ovano

OK folks, I have a courier available to collect 2 other switch kits on Thursday afternoon and bring them to Scotland
Does anyone else want one.
Hello, apologies for going over old ground. Would you be able to share the details of the courier with me? I’m in the Edinburgh area and hoping to get the Ovano switch XL shipped up. Thanks

I've contacted him for a couple of other deliveries and he never responded back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did you ask Josh at Ovano ?

I've contacted him for a couple of other deliveries and he never responded back *♂️
Unfortunately he let us down when we tried using him again. Didn’t turn up for a colllection of 3 units and hasn’t answered the phone since. Unfortunately this is one of the hurdles of sending them out.

I've contacted him for a couple of other deliveries and he never responded back *♂️
Thanks for your response. Yes I have. They are looking into offering delivery but as far as I understand it’s still collection only. Seemingly they’ve had loads of enquiries from further afield in the UK as well as abroad - not surprised, it looks like a decent piece of kit.

@Josh (OVANO) I asked a friend to contact you regarding deliveries, Lee is a hard working conscientious business owner with a few courier vans of different sizes.

So what mattress is everyone using with the ovano? Ideally fold away.
I got one of these and its very comfy:

Packs up to a reasonable size but be warned that this is a challenge In limited space!

Packs up to a reasonable size but be warned that this is a challenge In limited space!

Wife will want more comfort than that! Looking for a nice thick trifold ideally.

I have the Kampa Kip Hi rise as well. Very comfortable but if I was buying again I’d get the forty winks mattress. The inflatable is great but it’s a faff if you want to quickly fold the bed down to use the van for day trips etc. the foldable option would make this much simpler and it fits nicely behind the rear seats

I have the Kampa Kip Hi rise as well. Very comfortable but if I was buying again I’d get the forty winks mattress. The inflatable is great but it’s a faff if you want to quickly fold the bed down to use the van for day trips etc. the foldable option would make this much simpler and it fits nicely behind the rear seats
It is a faff to roll!

Has anybody tried using a portable compressor in reverse mode to evacuate a self inflating mattress?
Should be very quick, I always carry a compressor as it’s small, light and safer than changing a wheel on the side of the road.

A massive thank you to Joshua at Ovano for arranging for his dad Nick to come in to honour my install today while he is off with Covid. A long drive was worth it when I saw that the product lived up to my expectations.
It was a pleasure meeting and chatting with Nick. We had a long and quite varied chat over a coffee

I had the bulkhead up on the drive home which made a surprising difference in quietening any noise in the van. Absolutely rock solid. No squeaks or movement whatsoever. Superbly made with great attention to detail.

For anyone thinking a buying this system, help support this business and choose Ovano the original, skip the rip off copies

I'll be testing the bed on the weekend after yet another long drive up to Scotland for work.

@Josh (OVANO)

IMG_2823.JPG

Last edited:
Will be getting mine in a few weeks! Great to see another fantastic review.
Forty winks mattress?
Like the yeti, which one is it?

Will be getting mine in a few weeks! Great to see another fantastic review.
Forty winks mattress?
Like the yeti, which one is it?
Yes, the forty winks based on recommendations on here. ;)

The yeti is this one

Yes, the forty winks based on recommendations on here. ;)

The yeti is this one

I have the forty sat here waiting, and the can one for my little girl.
I'm after a Yeti cooler with their ice packs as it will be perfect for our 2/3 days away we do.

I have the forty sat here waiting, and the can one for my little girl.
I'm after a Yeti cooler with their ice packs as it will be perfect for our 2/3 days away we do.
I'll be trying it out for the first time sunday night when i drive up to Edinburgh. Hopefully it's as comfortable as it looks.

Back