Review: Ovano

Whitty

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, been looking at bed / storage options for the Kombi and came across these guy's.

Anybody have one or experience with them, as on the face of it looks very flexible.

Cheers

1588248236077.png

Been looking at these myself, did you bite the bullet?
I like the fact they’re a family run business too

Not pulled the trigger yet as just back from our 1st trip in the van to see if the wife liked it. Ended up building a timber / plywood bed frame and used the cushions of the conservatory sofa. Clearly not the same quality as the Ovano but did the job at a fraction of the price. Still planning to get some kind of system and really like the Ovano but main issue I have is that I want to be able to carry the MTB, something I’m struggling to do.

Not pulled the trigger yet as just back from our 1st trip in the van to see if the wife liked it. Ended up building a timber / plywood bed frame and used the cushions of the conservatory sofa. Clearly not the same quality as the Ovano but did the job at a fraction of the price. Still planning to get some kind of system and really like the Ovano but main issue I have is that I want to be able to carry the MTB, something I’m struggling to do.
I’ve seen they do a version of the OVANO to be able to carry a MTB or surfboard ... they also claim with the front wheel off it can fit In the draw? :oops:

I’ve seen they do a version of the OVANO to be able to carry a MTB or surfboard ... they also claim with the front wheel off it can fit In the draw? :oops:

The non XL will carry a surfboard but can’t see it carrying an mtb. I think they said if you take both wheels off you could get one in the draw

My plan is to devise a way to carry the bike inside with the ovano. Will see how realistic that is when I get it

I've been looking at them recently too, for when I get my 6.1. Being a carpenter I'll probably build my own. Interested to see if you get much sag in the top as 18mm ply over that span will sag with no support. There is an X frame at the back which should help . I've seen a few other versions made from aluminium extrusion which are stronger but probably more expensive

The non XL will carry a surfboard but can’t see it carrying an mtb. I think they said if you take both wheels off you could get one in the draw

My plan is to devise a way to carry the bike inside with the ovano. Will see how realistic that is when I get it

When are you expecting to have it fitted? Think they have a 4 / 5 week lead time at the moment don’t they?
think this is the route I’ll end up going myself.
I only use my van for pleasure but the storage and set up seems so simple

@Village

Did view / see any other options on these bed and drawer set ups
Looks a good piece of kit and useable

Do you have to have them fitted by themselves

Andy

I think the “Complimentary fitting service” is a token gesture for the fact they won’t send them so you have to collect them

Didn’t realise the ovano had all the different modes like the bulk head and stuff

Nice bit of kit

Getting the XL shortwheel base fitted mid Oct having ordered 2 weeks ago. You can fit an MTB in the drawer with wheels apparently (27.5" wheels 36s on the front, think the Fatbike will be pushing it though). Like the idea its tucked away from a security point of view.

Planning on using Bulkhead mode as a understated backdrop for Zoom calls!!

Back