Other Drivers Different Towards The Van

Toad

Not a conversion
T6 Pro
I've had my T6 for 3 weeks now, and I'm loving it.

What I'm really not loving is the attitude of other road users towards the van.

Never in my 30 year driving career have I had so many people pull out in front of me, cut me up, or pull in in front of me and then slow down.

Is it just me?

I've had my T6 for 3 weeks now, and I'm loving it.

What I'm really not loving is the attitude of other road users towards the van.

Never in my 30 year driving career have I had so many people pull out in front of me, cut me up, or pull in in front of me and then slow down.

Is it just me?

Nope.

I think most people assume you're either going to go too slow, or they are scared about being stuck with a van in front of them, either way it's a regular occurrence for me, and I thank the VW god for big brakes, city assist, flappy paddles, and a 200 horses to shove my way back in front of the offending morons.

Nope..... (London area)

204ps here...

if they pull out I front off you disrespectfully, then give it some right foot and leave them in a cloud of dust and diesel smoke behind you......

They might think twice next time.......

I'm new to vans, and not yet driven mine more than about 50 miles, but I would suggest that it is down to forward visibility - when you are behind a van you can't see ahead of it as easily as you could a car and, more importantly, you can't see the 3rd brake light of the vehicle in front of the van.
I've never thought of it from the van drivers perspective before, but generally speaking I have also often tried to get in front of any van - whether on the bike or in the car - for this reason. I like to think not aggressively so though.
I've always said that riding a bike makes you a better driver - it appears that driving a van will also!

I hadn't noticed that happening to me on the road.

Pete

Can't say I've noticed anything other than more VW owners in general letting me out at junctions even though we already had VW cars

You dont even need a car to see why there are so many bad drivers :)
Just take a brisk walk down a busy shopping street, time and again people bustle past then turn across you, walk straight out of shops into your path, and stop suddenly for no reason then blame you when they drop their beloved phone!

You dont even need a car to see why there are so many bad drivers :)
Just take a brisk walk down a busy shopping street, time and again people bustle past then turn across you, walk straight out of shops into your path, and stop suddenly for no reason then blame you when they drop their beloved phone!

Lol...

In Spain Atm and yep...

Too many English bad walkers.... (phone in one hand.... beer in other).

And ending up in a multiple pile up off flip flops and beer mats.

"
tenga un buen día. Los amo a todos
"

Back