Order delays to come? DieselGate II

I've read that in Germany its only affecting the car registrations (cali,caravelle etc) as they have a slightly lower limit than the commercial registrations ( vans, kombi ) which are unaffected -even though their all euro 6.

I had roof bars fitted by the dealer and there was multiple water leaks caused by them, damaged both a pillars and goodness knows what else! At one point the passenger footwell was like a swimming pool :(

I had roof bars fitted by the dealer and there was multiple water leaks caused by them, damaged both a pillars and goodness knows what else! At one point the passenger footwell was like a swimming pool :(
I was going to have roof bars fitted by the dealer but after reading various articles on roof leaks I decided not to bother, glad I did.

It's the NOx level that is allowed to be higher by 0.025% on an LCV >1305kg which has most likely tripped them up. It shouldn't be a difficult problem to resolve, it's the type approval of the engine configuration that will take the time.

Regarding MoT testing, for diesels it's a joke as all the tester can do is check for smoke and inspect the exhaust to make sure anything emissions related is still where it is supposed to be. The equipment to test for true exhaust emissions is just too expensive for it to be used in an MoT test. On that note, I've not seen a single vehicle re-mapper in the UK that has the equipment to test the emissions - all they do is meet the smoke test requirements to get you through the MoT. If your re-mapper states your engine still meets the emission requirements, as them to prove it!

Our delaer just phoned to give us a build / delivery date.

No delays at all for UK.

Build date week 2, delivery mid Feb.

Just read that VW have been forced to recall 57000 Toerags after German authorities found more emissions software shenanigans. Here we go again :rolleyes:

That’s awful; can’t fathom how roof bar fitting could cause so many issues?!

Tell me about it mate I gave them 4 times to resolve the problem each time it got worse :( hence the new on won’t be having roof bars lol!
Are they full on heavy duty bars that need screwing in?
Mine just clamp onto the T-Track slots but they’re only light duty (bars; max 100kg but the roof is max 50).

That’s awful; can’t fathom how roof bar fitting could cause so many issues?!
I have been told that a lot of installers do not fit rubber bush under plate mount or silicon seal to insure water tight seal. Hence did not have any fitted :)

Are they full on heavy duty bars that need screwing in?
Mine just clamp onto the T-Track slots but they’re only light duty (bars; max 100kg but the roof is max 50).
Yes the ones that are bolted on, as @VWROBERT said I don’t think the rubber washers where fitted they siliconed them but that didn’t work.

Back