Order delays to come? DieselGate II

Loz

Admin
VIP Member
Quoting from another source;

"According to this piece in Der Spiegel, VW is halting delivery of diesel T6's to dealers, because of too much NOx found in the exhaust gasses...

They found that the actual amount of NOx is higher than they had declared when certifying the model, and higher than allowed in Germany. They have reported that to the authorities, who wanted to stop delivery altogether.
Now VW is discussing with them a software update to remediate this, and have proposed to continue manufacture, but stop delivery to dealers until this is solved..."

Last edited:
Interesting find, hopefully not going to cause too much chaos !
I am in with my dealer tomorrow will ask if they have any info, I wonder if @BognorMotors has heard anything ?

Presumably the EA288 engine mentioned in the article above is the one all of us with euro 6 have? Does this mean we might all fail MOTs when they come due or am I over thinking??

Just in the nick of time by the sound of it!

Pleased with it? What did you get?
Got a new 204DSG 4motion, with lots and lots of bits, sunroof, adaptive, additional heater, LEDs, electric tailgate, power latching doors, side scan and so on! Big big list..... Pleased with it, except I got done for speeding last night by a unmarked car.... so I can say it is quick!

Got a new 204DSG 4motion, with lots and lots of bits, sunroof, adaptive, additional heater, LEDs, electric tailgate, power latching doors, side scan and so on! Big big list..... Pleased with it, except I got done for speeding last night by a unmarked car.... so I can say it is quick!

Now that's what's known as a perfect 'Double Edged Sword' Happy, yet gutted for you Sturge.
You should of told the copper that VW had tampered with the Speedo...

Nice!!
They sure are nippy!

Presumably the EA288 engine mentioned in the article above is the one all of us with euro 6 have? Does this mean we might all fail MOTs when they come due or am I over thinking??
Got mine 2 weeks ago, lets hope it's false news !

Quoting from another source;

"According to this piece in Der Spiegel, VW is halting delivery of diesel T6's to dealers, because of too much NOx found in the exhaust gasses...

They found that the actual amount of NOx is higher than they had declared when certifying the model, and higher than allowed in Germany. They have reported that to the authorities, who wanted to stop delivery altogether.
Now VW is discussing with them a software update to remediate this, and have proposed to continue manufacture, but stop delivery to dealers until this is solved..."
Just read article on Google it said on all T6 Multivan !

My A6 was one of the ones that had the emissions issues, It had its first MOT before I traded it in for the van and had no problems whatsoever.

The article only actually said they had stopped deliveries to German dealers as it exceeds the German nox limits so may not be worldwide ??

The article only actually said they had stopped deliveries to German dealers as it exceeds the German nox limits so may not be worldwide ??
Yeah, they don’t like to sh1t3 on their own doorstep, they save it all up for everyone else’s! Won’t take long for other governments to get wind and then either refuse entry to certain towns and cities or charge even more as a pollutant tax to do so.

I spoke to a branch fleet manager and he said he knew nothing about it either, hopefully it's limited to Germany then ?

Back