Orange Engine Light (exhaust)

1Pearman

T6 Pro
Hi guys,

Long time T5 owner and previously suffered from the EGR issues that affected the early 5.1 vans (same also happened on a VW Golf). Very frustrating and expensive experience!! Upgraded to a T6 in November - T6 Shuttle SWB DGS Bluemotion 150 (2016) with 70k on the clock.

Pulled in on motorway to buy a coffee on Sunday and when restarted the journey noticed the orange engine light was on (the exhaust system one that's a picture of an engine). A feeling of absolute dread ensues!! NOT AGAIN!!!

Anyway, the light is still on a few days later. I've done 30 minutes on the motorway not going slowly as i'd heard some spirited driving can get the regen sorted. I've also done a couple of short journeys and on the last one I noticed the VERY loud fan type noise as i walked away from the van. I've actually heard this 2 or 3 times since November and presumed it was a cooling fan, but now understand this is a DPF regen trying to happen (aborted if I've parked the van as far as i understand?).

I'm waiting for VCDS so I can get the diagnosis, but i'm extremely frustrated about what i'm expecting to find. Another point worth noting was when I was under the van running the tow bar electrics wiring i found a large plug that was disconnected. It was on the fuel tank side of the stuff that sits under the passenger seat which I think is the adblue system. Even thought it was disconnected, there had been no fault lights come on the dash. There are no aftermarket parts fitted under the van so this leads me to believe it had been purposefully unplugged, rather than disconnected during installation of something else and forgotten to be reconnected. Would disconnecting this have any effect on this warning light?

I'll update more when i've scanned the car but if anyone can shed any light on this that would be great. I've seen both EGR and also DPF as the main culprits using the search function, and also that there are sensors that can be prone to malfunctioning.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Long time T5 owner and previously suffered from the EGR issues that affected the early 5.1 vans (same also happened on a VW Golf). Very frustrating and expensive experience!! Upgraded to a T6 in November - T6 Shuttle SWB DGS Bluemotion 150 (2016) with 70k on the clock.

Pulled in on motorway to buy a coffee on Sunday and when restarted the journey noticed the orange engine light was on (the exhaust system one that's a picture of an engine). A feeling of absolute dread ensues!! NOT AGAIN!!!

Anyway, the light is still on a few days later. I've done 30 minutes on the motorway not going slowly as i'd heard some spirited driving can get the regen sorted. I've also done a couple of short journeys and on the last one I noticed the VERY loud fan type noise as i walked away from the van. I've actually heard this 2 or 3 times since November and presumed it was a cooling fan, but now understand this is a DPF regen trying to happen (aborted if I've parked the van as far as i understand?).

I'm waiting for VCDS so I can get the diagnosis, but i'm extremely frustrated about what i'm expecting to find. Another point worth noting was when I was under the van running the tow bar electrics wiring i found a large plug that was disconnected. It was on the fuel tank side of the stuff that sits under the passenger seat which I think is the adblue system. Even thought it was disconnected, there had been no fault lights come on the dash. There are no aftermarket parts fitted under the van so this leads me to believe it had been purposefully unplugged, rather than disconnected during installation of something else and forgotten to be reconnected. Would disconnecting this have any effect on this warning light?

I'll update more when i've scanned the car but if anyone can shed any light on this that would be great. I've seen both EGR and also DPF as the main culprits using the search function, and also that there are sensors that can be prone to malfunctioning.

Cheers
Just read your post I’ve had the same light come on driving up the motorway it’s stayed on the last 6 days this morning it’s gone out. After several stop starting of my van it’s stayed off so far. I’ve noticed the fan running at odd times over the last 6 months and now thinking it’s the same situation trouble is I only notice the fan running when I’ve turned the engine off.
What was your conclusion now 12 months has gone by and has it happened again?

Back