Options for fixing in a sliding tray....

Sackmycook

Ex-owner
T6 Legend
As per title, what have you used to fix in your sliding tray system?
I have altro floor with 12mm ply under. Would it need bolting right through or would it be fine with screws into the ply. Its load rated to carry 200kg. Any other options ?

Is it possible to use the original floor lashings? Or did your ply cover them up? I would have thought plenty of screws evenly spread out into the ply would be sufficient. I will be doing similar on a new van project. Will be a 1m square slider screwed into the ply floor. The ply floor will be bolted & screwed into the metal floor.

Is it possible to use the original floor lashings? Or did your ply cover them up? I would have thought plenty of screws evenly spread out into the ply would be sufficient. I will be doing similar on a new van project. Will be a 1m square slider screwed into the ply floor. The ply floor will be bolted & screwed into the metal floor.
I deleted most of the lashing points when I had the van altro floored and carpet lined.
I've gone for wood screws and washers, probably about 12 in total, through the holes in the slider tray frame. It's done the job pretty well, I can sit on the fully extended section with no issue

You may have just answered my question. I don’t suppose you have any pictures of your set up do you?

You may have just answered my question. I don’t suppose you have any pictures of your set up do you?
Yeah be awesome to see how you did yours!

I'm just prepping the sound deadening in mine then wooden floor then gotta decide how to do the slide out bit

All of my units and bike sliding tray are held in with suki screws. Means everything can be easily removed and doesn't leave anything protruding from the floor.

IMG_20210131_190554_033.jpg

IMG_20210131_190554_030.jpg

IMG_20210131_190554_034.jpg

Back