Operation B14 has commenced

View attachment 10419

Finally have the wheels on, long tale of being supplied with wrong bolts, no spigot rings etc etc but now sorted. Since having the suspension originally fitted It have raised the back once and the front 3 times and I now think we have the perfect compromise of looks and comfort. Need to stop spending money on it now....oh hang on the stereo is pretty crap, maybe throw a few £ at that now.

Richard
Are those Judd wheels .......
What size offsets and load rating please ?
Is it easy to change heights, does it need to go on the ramp and then be re aligned each time ?

No Vossen wheels and the load rating is not quite enough for t32 but ok for t30 (usual story there it seems!)
If you alter height then yes ideally you need to do the geometry as well. My fronts are currently 27mm of thread below the adjustment rings, transporter hq had originally set this to 10mm, and then I changed to 20mm then 25 and now 27. Did a 250 mile journey today and it has all settled in again, did get the slightest of scrapes when hitting a hole on the m40 at about 75mph so going to raise it to 30mm tomorrow and test again. Once I know I cannot get any scraping on cornering and potholes I will set the geometry again.

No Vossen wheels and the load rating is not quite enough for t32 but ok for t30 (usual story there it seems!)
If you alter height then yes ideally you need to do the geometry as well. My fronts are currently 27mm of thread below the adjustment rings, transporter hq had originally set this to 10mm, and then I changed to 20mm then 25 and now 27. Did a 250 mile journey today and it has all settled in again, did get the slightest of scrapes when hitting a hole on the m40 at about 75mph so going to raise it to 30mm tomorrow and test again. Once I know I cannot get any scraping on cornering and potholes I will set the geometry again.

Hi Richard
Sorry Vfs-2
So 815 kg rated so did you fit 265/40 or 275/40 or 275/35
Are they both same offset and width
I have chosen vossen wheel just not sure on offsets
Where are you getting rubbing on screw under top of the arch ?
How far is it lowered ?
I was looking at 60mm front 50mm back
And you say it keeps settling ? I was told they won't move one set up it will stay at that height give or take 5 mm max ?
Sorry a lot of questions
Thanks

Hi Richard
Sorry Vfs-2
So 815 kg rated so did you fit 265/40 or 275/40 or 275/35
Are they both same offset and width
I have chosen vossen wheel just not sure on offsets
Where are you getting rubbing on screw under top of the arch ?
How far is it lowered ?
I was looking at 60mm front 50mm back
And you say it keeps settling ? I was told they won't move one set up it will stay at that height give or take 5 mm max ?
Sorry a lot of questions
Thanks

Richard
You say you have adjusted and now at 30mm from ring is this now the highest it can go as I thought there was only 30mm adjustment
I.e. You are 50mm lower than stock ?

27 mm of thread under the locking rings (on front) but there is plenty more adjustment, in fact today I intend to take it to 33-35mm just to make the van sit level.
Not sure what the rear is set to as that is how the original installer reset it and that is fine.

Booked in for tomorrow.How low can i go with 19 8.5 alloys et33 and 245/45 tyre and not have to worry about speedbumps.I have a front splitter and getting side bars fitted tomorrow as well.

So people I finally got round on getting the b14 fitted. All I can say is wow. Absolutely fantastic. Wish I would have done it before I done anything else. Have them set at highest setting which is 40mm cause I work on building sites and I toe trailers,fuel bowsers etc. In fact I had our 1.5 tonne digger on this week and I was surprised at how well it cope tbh. We have terrible roads where I live in ireland but it rides so much better than standard.

Ps. My van has 78k when I fitted them so after reading and talking to people in the know about transporters n lowering I was advised that the topmounts and drop links would need changed. So I ordered the new uprated t6 top mounts and also the drop links. When my mechanic was fitting them neither the top mounts and drop links needed to be changed. But I put in the updated mounts any how cause they are stronger and returned the drop links. Just letting all of you no that this doesn't have to be the case just by people advising you

Just arrived in Les Gets in france in @BognorMotors white T32 (go 04mot) and had a great run down. The last 20 miles to the resort on the alpine roads where brilliant. The car felt really poised, minimal roll, and handled brilliantly. I normally drive the journey in a top spec discovery and for numerous reasons am changing the car. The car felt much 'lighter' than the disco. Low speed ride is a little crash at times, but the van is pretty low, and on 20" wheels so can be forgiven this I think. I'd be inclined not so low, and maybe 18" to give some comfort back, but all said and done, I am sold on it!

Ollie - the van is fine and good to meet you the other day., and thanks for the hire! Longest test drive in history probably... three bikes in the back, four people, and all the passengers said how comfy and the best, easiest journey we've done to the alps.

Back