Older V-Dubs

Yes thanks we are good, I'm still daft enough to be working occasionally but would rather be planning a month or two in France! We should have been going to Hessisch Oldendorf in Germany with the '46 (and the T6) this summer but the show is postponed to June 2022. The '46 is number 444 on the participants list.

I recon the best we will manage is Scotland sometime this summer when it's warmer, not that there is anything wrong with Scotland.

Rod
Most shows cancelled, Nivone again and european bug_in. Hopefully Stanford on as been informed our club stand is still avaliable

Most shows cancelled, Nivone again and european bug_in. Hopefully Stanford on as been informed our club stand is still available

Stanford Hall is currently planned for Sunday 22nd August 2021 having been postpone from Sunday 2ns May.

For those interested I am managing the Historic Beetle Display this year and welcome any entrants with cars appropriate to the event. Details are here Historic Beetle Display for 2020 | Stanford Hall Volkswagen Show

Stanford Hall is currently planned for Sunday 22nd August 2021 having been postpone from Sunday 2ns May.

For those interested I am managing the Historic Beetle Display this year and welcome any entrants with cars appropriate to the event. Details are here Historic Beetle Display for 2020 | Stanford Hall Volkswagen Show
great show, we will be organising "latebay" stand hopefully in same place as last couple of years see you there maybe. Only issue is our late bay is in bits :confused:

It will be worth it in the end @3crispies :thumbsup:

In other news I have now had a chance to properly look over Percy including underneath.

Overall am pleased with how solid he is, he has clearly had some welding and panels before and whilst nowhere near a flintstones car, I will need to do a couple of very small patch repairs to the floor pans. I also intend to do some small repairs to the front of the heater channels - I never intended to do a body off restoration so these running repairs will keep him solid and on the road.

Both front wheel bearings need attention - either adjustment or replacement and there is an oil leak underneath. I’ve bought and fitted new door cards, door mirrors and will also be buying a new battery.

I’ve also bought some rusty paint to continue the rat look started by previous owner.

All in all good fun tinkering :)

C7F0FA9C-5BA3-4B94-B095-169D7FD63536.jpeg

Last edited:
It will be worth it in the end @3crispies :thumbsup:

In other news I have now had a chance to properly look over Percy including underneath.

Overall am pleased with how solid he is, he has clearly had some welding and panels before and whilst nowhere near a flintstones car, I will need to do a couple of very small patch repairs to the floor pans. I also intend to do some small repairs to the front of the heater channels - I never intended to do a body off restoration so these running repairs will keep him solid and on the road.

Both front wheel bearings need attention - either adjustment or replacement and there is an oil leak underneath. I’ve bought and fitted new door cards, door mirrors and will also be buying a new battery.

I’ve also bought some rusty paint to continue the rat look started by previous owner.

All in all good fun tinkering :)

View attachment 104994
tbh most of budget gone on the camper so T6 will have to last now, just heads up if your running irs and havent already popped off rear drums check for gear oil leaks on shoes, ask me how I know........

Had this 30 years it’s been rebuilt 4 times now with a bigger budget! Will be running an 1850 with amr500 when I get around to faffing around with it

My modern classics.... I’ve always loved a Golf GTI

I had a 1983 Mars Red Mk I 1.8 new out of the showroom, and then swapped it for an Elm Green Mk II 16V a couple of years later. Still fancy another Mk I, but don't have the room for it at the moment.

All panel work completed apart from rear engine hatch which was found needing tidying. Will get van out of unit and home next week for body prep....

IMG-20210325-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210319-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20210218-WA0013.jpg

Back