Oil Volume Min To Max On Dipstick?

YellowHound

Photographer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Changed my engine oil & filter and refilled with a measured 7.4 litres of oil.
Checking after a long run the level is about 20% below max allowable on the dipstick.
But - owner's manual doesn't say how much oil is required to fill from min to max (very, very, helpful).

Anybody know?
This is for an EU6 150 diesel engine.

It has long been a norm to have 1 litre min to max.

Dipstick being the keyword here... can anyone confirm whether the min and max are the indented lines or the crisscrossed area..
I’m thinking lines but don’t want to overfill it on an oil + filter change.

306348DE-FB65-418A-97F6-C929E1A15495.jpeg

61BAA1C8-E09D-4694-A997-26382F4E6E8F.png

I've slightly overfilled oil in my T6 by about half a litre. How can I drain/suck it out. I've heard draining is a pain to do for a numpty like me but there may be a way to extract it with a small suction pump.

That worked well, thanks for the tip. However, the oil service warning light did not cancel itself so I tried manually resetting it with a combination of pressing the left/right display panel button and turning ignition on/off as found on the web. Unfortunatly, it came back on next time I started the engine. Any further ideas?

I feel a little embarrassed asking this....

When I check the oil, level ground, warm but left a few mins to settle I struggle to read the level even after wiping it / re dipping. It looks like its smeared rather than a clear line around the indicator. I’m worried its off the dipstick and picking up oil from the tube (shouldnt be as serviced recently)

I‘m going to try doing it cold to see if that gives a clearer line, as the oil is thicker.

Ian

I feel a little embarrassed asking this....

When I check the oil, level ground, warm but left a few mins to settle I struggle to read the level even after wiping it / re dipping. It looks like its smeared rather than a clear line around the indicator. I’m worried its off the dipstick and picking up oil from the tube (shouldnt be as serviced recently)

I‘m going to try doing it cold to see if that gives a clearer line, as the oil is thicker.

Ian
It’s better to check after a couple of hours, I find the round wire dipsticks much harder to decipher than the flat strip type.
You’d think they could position a dipstick with a straight pull so that it doesn‘t drag up the tube!

post us a pic of the dipstick . .

more info:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back