Crankcase Oil Leak

can you see where its coming from . . . . higher up the engine?

looks clean from the top. I'll try to get it over the pit tomorrow night for a better inspection. Just wondering if there is a common point for leaks in that area, cheers

16052677426083225841024129029039.jpgHi mate!
I seem to have the common issue with my 67 plate transporter...
Could you please let me know what was wrong with your van at that time?
Did you fixed under the warranty claim because mine expired two months ago and I'm curious how much I'll have to pay to fix this...
Many thanks!

I’ve done quite a few front crank seals lately a lot have been on Tourans for some reason, no end float on the cranks though so just seem like seal failure

View attachment 91614Hi mate!
I seem to have the common issue with my 67 plate transporter...
Could you please let me know what was wrong with your van at that time?
Did you fixed under the warranty claim because mine expired two months ago and I'm curious how much I'll have to pay to fix this...
Many thanks!
HI MATE MINE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE YOURS I SEE YOU ASKED THE OTHER GUY AND HE DIDNT RESPOND - I WONDER IF YOU COUKD TELL ME WHAT WAS WRONG WITH YOURS ? CHEERS

HI MATE MINE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE YOURS I SEE YOU ASKED THE OTHER GUY AND HE DIDNT RESPOND - I WONDER IF YOU COUKD TELL ME WHAT WAS WRONG WITH YOURS ? CHEERS
Hi there,
I've been in two garages already to fix that and still not sorted out this issue....
First time I was in a VW garage, about 2 years ago. They changed the hole part, I mean the crankshaft seal flange not just that seal around the crankshaft, and after few weeks saw start to leaking.... Booked again later, they reseal, and last year the I saw that leak again....
Now in January visited another garage, they change again that flange with a new brand OEM one, and last week seen a fresh oil leak around there.
This seems a common issue in a VAG GROUP even for the brand new vans/cars.
Going back to the garage in few days to see what they can do...
Good luck with yours, cheers!

Back