Oil leak from filter

Who done your service I know a lot of dirty techs that don’t change the o ring in the oil filter cap

It was done when I bought it from a garage, first van I've had. I'll try tightening if not doesn't work new filter and o ring ug! Just glad it's a cheap fix.

They don’t need to be tight I think it’s 25 nm off top of my head you can crack the housings don’t go tightening it do a filter replace o ring torque it and clean down and keep an eye on it

Yes obviously bung a tray down don't want it on your drive, make sure you oil the o ring and don't over tighten

OK so done the filter change and found this
Image.jpeg
I'm assuming the distortion on the right is a bad thing?? And that us causing the issue?
Image-2.jpeg

I’d say it’s been over tightened and cracked.
The specified torque is low but too many people believe tighter the better, it’s not, especially when it’s plastic!
You’ll need to renew and I wouldn’t risk putting the old cap back no matter how short the trip.

So replace just that piece or the whole oil cooler assembly? Vw do a full replacement kit for 300, seen just the housing for 40 but none genuine.

Back