Off to Cornwall...

We're in Cornwall now, the weather hasn't been too much of an issue maybe two days rain over a fortnight, just go shopping or surfing. Been a bit chilly in the evenings but warm in the days even in the rain

Have yourself a great time

Not going till next sat...maybe it will pick up. We had 26 years of holidays in Cornwall before I went off on my own and I can only remember once when it rained for the entire fortnight.

I'm heading down this weekend to meet with the family who are already down there bobbing around in Falmouth harbour, just found out its regatta week so parking is going to be fun !

We're heading to Bridport, Dorset Sunday and the following week going to Ilfracombe, Devon.
Can't wait, first long trip in the camper :D

We're heading to Bridport, Dorset Sunday and the following week going to Ilfracombe, Devon.
Can't wait, first long trip in the camper :D

This will be our first proper holiday...did a few nights last week...trying a week this time.

Not to put a downer on it but next week is like october with 40mph+ wind predicted and rain. The jet stream is too far south. I've been surfing and paragliding in woolacombe for the last week and we all look like welsh hill farmers. Our tent is strapped down with ratchet straps due to the wind. We're probably aborting Tuesday as after that its hideous !!

Bizzare, we're near st mawes, we had a bit of rain last night and it's a little damp, the flags in the campsite are hanging limp this morning but nothing to complain about. The weather hasn't been bad at all this side

Well, we're not going until next Saturday...BBC weather shows it being cloudy but doesn't look like particularly high winds...it is what it is anyway...I've got storm straps.

If my younger son brings my precious back next weekend then the older son is taking it down to Cornwall in two weeks!
One day I will get another turn!!
:(

Has anyone been to a site called Higher Trevaskis in Hayle?
Any advice/recommendations?

We're still here. Might be setting off back tomorrow as my Dad has been rushed into hospital (he has liver cancer)...I really don't know how much more shit I can take!

Felt a right berk at fistral...all these young, cool surfer dudes with their vans and then there's me...fat, frumpy almost fifty year old rocking up and getting out of mine! Anyway...I had the nicest, newest van...

We've had an ok time...its been tough at times and the campsite isn't great, but we've done it....first proper holiday on our own...the firsts are always the worst.

Back