OEM Webasto Auxiliary Heater To Parking Heater Upgrade

Here is my video and brief follow up:

Parts used:
1x VW Overhead display control unit for Webasto parking heater 7E5919037J:
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 15.05.14.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-26 at 14.57.55.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-26 at 15.00.40.png

1x 16-pin Connector for Overhead unit 1K0972928:
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 15.07.53.png

1x Telestart Module 3Q0963513:
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 15.10.18.png

1x Set of wire and Aerial for Telestart module:
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 15.11.58.png

1x Remote Control for Telestart 3G0963511B:
VW-T5-Golf-Tiguan-Webasto-Telestart-T91R-3G0963511.jpg

Wire set. Cross section 0.35mm for CAN-bus and 0.5mm for +12VDC and GND.
(CAN-bus cables shall be twisted together):

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 15.55.38.png

All connections and wiring were made according to the diagrams published in this thread.
I used T17p red plug under the driver's seat to make connection for both Overhead display and Telestart module.

I think the webasto is the same, but the mainboard of it is different. Mine is 7E0815071B.
Hello! Did you figure that out if you can use this configuration in the thred on the heater you have? I may have the same problem. I've installed the controll unit in the roof, got it showing up in VCDS but no function. I don't have my vcds at home so I cant check which hw and fw i got om my heater right now.

Here is my video and brief follow up:

Parts used:
1x VW Overhead display control unit for Webasto parking heater 7E5919037J:
View attachment 93107View attachment 93108View attachment 93109

1x 16-pin Connector for Overhead unit 1K0972928:
View attachment 93110

1x Telestart Module 3Q0963513:
View attachment 93111

1x Set of wire and Aerial for Telestart module:
View attachment 93112

1x Remote Control for Telestart 3G0963511B:
View attachment 93113

Wire set. Cross section 0.35mm for CAN-bus and 0.5mm for +12VDC and GND.
(CAN-bus cables shall be twisted together):

View attachment 93119

All connections and wiring were made according to the diagrams published in this thread.
I used T17p red plug under the driver's seat to make connection for both Overhead display and Telestart module.

Hi can I please ask how much would it cost to turn my Webasto Auxilary heater to a parking heater many thanks

Hi can I please ask how much would it cost to turn my Webasto Auxilary heater to a parking heater many thanks
Well, I think I gave all part numbers that you can easily find on ebay in your country. You should add cost of your time and efforts and VCP/ODBS-E re-flashing service, if you don't have this HW/SW in your possession for free. Nothing else.

Hello and thank you very much for your sharing.
Is it possible to modify a T6 California with air heater so that the water heater preheats the engine?

Is it possible to modify a T6 California with air heater so that the water heater preheats the engine?
AFAIK, If you're asking about Eberspacher, then it is the Air heater separate device that warms up air to the cabin and is not connected to the coolant system.
If this question is about webasto aux heater, yes. I just did it as explained above.
Maybe, I'm wrong...

If you have VCDS please post your up to date complete autoscan.

Reactions: mmi
Yes, I saw that it is possible on T6 Transporter, Multivan, ... to use the Webasto Thermo Top Evo as a stationary heater.But is this also possible on a California which has the Eberspacher and the Webasto Thermo Top Evo?
I wanted to order a Telstart T91 R LAN, the seller claims it is not compatible with my T6 No, I don't have a VCDS

Yes, I saw that it is possible on T6 Transporter, Multivan, ... to use the Webasto Thermo Top Evo as a stationary heater.But is this also possible on a California which has the Eberspacher and the Webasto Thermo Top Evo?
I wanted to order a Telstart T91 R LAN, the seller claims it is not compatible with my T6 No, I don't have a VCDS
Yes it is possible once you flash your Webasto heater with appropriate firmware.
And then your Telestart kit will become compatible ;).

Everything is possible mate but I didn't explore it any further so can't advise.
Telestart approach was simple and inexpensive, at least in my case.
Actually maybe I need more range?
Do you think I am addicted or maybe this is simply incurable mental disorder?

I found this and I don't know if, for the sake of €161=£146, I am going to resist.

s-l500.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1601.jpg

• Love
Reactions: mmi
I have only sold one heater with a TC4. Personally I think that they are just a gimmick - how many times do you want to turn the heater on when you are more than 1000m away from it ( Telestart max range)? By the time I have walked that distance the van is warm enough.

Hope someone can answer this question - whilst under the van doing some work on the Shuttle I saw the Webasto water heater fitted, I read up on here and saw all the info relating to get this changed so it heats the cab.

I checked the door and sure enough it has the Webasto sticker and Thermo Top Evo on it.

I saw some videos online including Roberts and fancy getting this set up, I looked at the upgrade package and thats £700 - which put it into fitted Webasto Airtop money.
So can I get this set up without a remote, so I can just run it manually when in the van?

I have the manual air conditioning, not Climatronic that seems to make a difference.

If I don't need the remote can it be done manually, end game is warm cabin without the engine running.

TIA

Might be a dumb question, but wheres he best place to get the timer and anyone in the SE that can do that flash and vcds for me.

I have Carista - but I'm assuming that wont cut it.

In this case you can install overhead timer only.

I presume that if the Telestart works without overhead timer than it should be the same case vice versa.

I can check this tomorrow, but as for now I expect some fault codes of absence Telestart module as the overhead panel has some remote module depending settings. Maybe some adaptation channels could be tweaked to disable telestart while keeping the overhead panel.
@Spencer54 : From the usage perspective, I value Telestart more than Overhead panel as it gives you ability to control webasto remotely, e.g. to preheat cold van and engine before going out. Used telestart with remote ebay price is almost the same as used overhead panel, but Telestart installation is much easier. And yes, Aux heater reflashing is needed for both modules.

Back