OEM Webasto Auxiliary Heater To Parking Heater Upgrade

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to retrofit an heater using the California roof panel?

I've converted a Kombi to California beach and now I want to install the heater aswell

Cheers
Do you mean air heater retrofit or water heater?
I am slowly doing a series on youtube about air heater retrofic per factory spec.

That sounds amazing! It's will be the air heater for a T6 TSI, so petrol. If that makes any difference:)
It makes a huge difference because VW D3 petrol is a rare beast. To make it clear - you will need the customised D3 petrol air heater that was manufactured specifically for VW T5.2 and T6. A regular Eberspacher D3/or D4 won't work with the VW remote that is installed in the overhead. It's possible to source second hand units and the kit comes out cheaper than even Autoterm/Planar but almost all second hand units are diesel (I've yet to see a petrol one).
Anyways, part 1 is here:
You can subscribe to get notified about future episodes.

In your case since it's TSI, I recommend to get a new petrol unit kit. It will have non-VW remote so it won't look like California but you can mount it on the B-pillar which is way more convenient than in the overhead.

A lot more is written here on this topic so I suggest you ask further questions there.

part numbers for the Petrol D3 unit (built for VW): 7E0819006C, 7E0819006G, 7E0819006J, 7E0819006L (any of these will do).

It makes a huge difference because VW D3 petrol is a rare beast. To make it clear - you will need the customised D3 petrol air heater that was manufactured specifically for VW T5.2 and T6. A regular Eberspacher D3/or D4 won't work with the VW remote that is installed in the overhead. It's possible to source second hand units and the kit comes out cheaper than even Autoterm/Planar but almost all second hand units are diesel (I've yet to see a petrol one).
Anyways, part 1 is here:
You can subscribe to get notified about future episodes.

In your case since it's TSI, I recommend to get a new petrol unit kit. It will have non-VW remote so it won't look like California but you can mount it on the B-pillar which is way more convenient than in the overhead.

A lot more is written here on this topic so I suggest you ask further questions there.
This is amazing! Will look into it tomorrow, thanks man!

@ZimaSpartan did you already buy the Multicontrol? If not, go and get it and you will receive the installation manual in the package.
Anyway, here's the answer:
From your photos, it seems T6 and T6.1 both use Thermo Top Evo. The red connector on your photo also has a green-white wire (pin 1).
So you should be good to go with Multicontrol.

The pinout from multicontrol connector is described here on page 15. Basically, you need to connect yellow wire (pin 1 square connector) to green-white wire (pin 1) on red connector under the seat.
Besides this you will need power and ground. For ground there is a bolt under the seat where all wires come out. For power - tap into existing connection under the seat (and put a fuse inbetween!).

I suspect just like with Telestart coding will be required to get the aircon to switch on. Engine should warm up without coding. Anyone knows?

Post here once you get it done. It should be a straightforward install.
Hi,

I am researching this for over a month now. I have read a lot of forums and the end state is that I have to flash the unit with new SW to get the climatronic to work. I didn't get the answer if I should put another wire to climatronic or it is controlled over BUS from Webasto itself.
The other problem I have is that all the writings is about units with HW and SW with numbers 7E0 963 271A and mine is 5WA 963 271A. Does anybody know what is the difference.

I need to get all the information before I get to buy all the parts.

T6.1 Multivan
BY 2020
CXFA with Climatronic

OBD.jpg

hello I would like to connect the telstar t100 kit
I have a red socket with green wire under the driver's seat
but I don't understand how to connect connection 9
as shown in the photo
thank you for being able to help me and tell me
if you need to change codes with the vcds
THANKS

20240205_193109.jpg

hello I would like to connect the telstar t100 kit
I have a red socket with green wire under the driver's seat
but I don't understand how to connect connection 9
as shown in the photo
thank you for being able to help me and tell me
if you need to change codes with the vcds
THANKS

View attachment 228738
A screenshot would have been better but anyhow, your picture shows a webasto manual. The green wire would be the yellow wire using the webasto kit, but the big question is - will it work without flashing?
I suggest to revert to the beginning of this thread where reliable parts are mentioned.

Your chapest bet (and also looks great) is:
receiver: 3Q0963513, 3Q0963513A
compatible remote: 3G0963511, 3G0963511A, 3G0963511B, 3G0963511C, 3G0963511D, 3G0963511E

I am almost done with a video guide, probably will release it by the end of this week.

Rebonjour Eugène Voici la prise rouge j ai le fil vert qui va au webasto
L autre photo c'est la réponse du vcds

20240210_174529.jpg

20240210_093813.jpg

I don't know. With T6 the overhead panel connects by 4 wires: CANbus (2 wires) and power (2 wires).
However, the connector is a 16-pin connector....
Hy everyone
Can anyone help me?

You want to install a rooftop module
The rooftop module has 4 cables. 2 CAN and 12+, 12-(ground).
Which of the 2 CAN cables is which?
Can anyone tell me where to plug the T17p socket under the lights?

I found it, but I'm not sure:

Telestart control white/green --> T17p/1
- Overhead Display&Panel Connivence CAN-l orange/brown --> T17p/2
- Overhead Display&Panel Connivence CAN-h orange/green --> T17p/3
- Telestart & Overhead Display&Panel DC +12V --> T17/p read/yellow thick wire
- Telestart & Overhead Display&Panel GND --> T17/p brown heavy wire

Which of the 2 CAN cables is which?
Not sure what you mean?
T16g/1 = can-h
T16g/2 = can-l

Telestart control white/green --> T17p/1
- Overhead Display&Panel Connivence CAN-l orange/brown --> T17p/2