Sold VW Tailgate bike-rack (2 carrier) + upgraded struts. £325

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sackmycook

Ex-owner
T6 Legend
I'm switching to a towbar mounted system as the wife's e-bike is a pain to lift !
This is an OEM VW tailgate bike rack with the usual minor wear and tear from being permanently left on. Everything works, currently configured for 2 bikes and I have the other 2 wheel holders but not the arms.
I'll include non OEM upgraded struts if I get the asking price.
£325, collection from York area

20220805_110146.jpg

I have a Witter two bike tow ball mounted platform I need to get rid of. Don’t think it would suit you as as I’m the other end of the country but I’ll put it on your thread before it goes in “For sale”. Bottom of the range but it has suited me as I cannot have anything above roof height. It’s been to a number of road races and a couple of years ago London to Inverness round trip when my son and a team mate rode the NC500. I live in London and will happily, for a drink give it to a forum member willing to collect it.

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 15.43.55.png

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 15.44.26.png

So, I'm now in possession and using the Strada DL3 rack. Thing is I prefer the VW arms as they seem more secure and are what I'm used to.
Thankfully it looks like the arms are interchangeable between both systems, see photos.
If I take the 2 arms I have off the VW one, I will be left with the frame and four wheel holders (5 actually as bike 4 has 2 individual wheel holders) and the 3 Strada wheel holders.
The vw fold down frame might be suitable for someone thinking of attaching a box by some means.

So I'm open to offers on the above....

20220820_132849.jpg

Reactions: JOG
Bike rack now off the van and ready for its next owner. Keeping the struts now, and happy to accept offers around £275 for the rack. Checked the arms and its the 2nd and 3rd arms missing.

20220921_125948.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back