OEM plastic underbody trim/covers

@Coly that's a good question. I think that bit was got through a local trade autofactors, it was a VW part though so I guess should be redily available...

Same thing has happened to me. It started to fall off on the way to Wales. I bodged it with cable ties, but it folded under the vehicle on the way back, so yours truly ended unbolting/cutting if off by the roadside.
Looks like a simple replacement job, but I need to get part number 7E0 825 961 also - a smaller part which goes in front of the larger panel.
Anyone got access to VW assembly drawings for these ?
Thanks,

Pete

Folks,

Parts of the protective undertray on my T6 have been stripped off by big puddles etc. It’s the bits on the near side that run back from the front wheel arch. I have the big bit on order, but myself and my local dealer can’t work out from the VW catalogue what else I may need.
I should have taken some photos of vehicles on the forecourt whilst I was at the dealer, but I didn’t. So, if someone could take some pictures of what their van looks like on the underside, from the near side front wheel arch backward, it could really help. Specifically any small bits of under trim close to the wheel arch liner and jacking point.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Just to add, this is what I currently have with no trim in place.

Pete
01311F3F-4E59-4871-BC2E-FE735FD0AE94.jpeg

Mine did the same last year and ripped the undertray that covers the bottom of the Adblue tank in half. I never did get round to replacing it, so I'd be interested in costs if its the same tray.

I don’t have Adblue, but I think it’s the same part anyway - about £75 + fixings.

Pete

Recently got the van back from the stealers... only couple weeks ago, yesterday I noticed underneath near the centre of the van there are wires and plugs showing, never saw these last time I was under it, should there be protective under trays here? If so anyone know where to buy?

I’ll try take couple tomorrow, it’s sort of midway up the exhaust, I’d imagine there should have been something there so as these wires were not exposed

I drove through a puddle, flooded road recently. Backed out okay and since driven about 250 miles so major damage averted. However someone wading through the water approached me as I was checking the van and said they'd found this in the water and it might have come off my van, they didn't see it actually come off.

Part found in water : 2 things to note the fixing stud like projections at the top and bottom of the first picture, do they look familiar to anyone that's fitted/replaced underside trims? The other thing is I'm convinced that the tyre tread visible on the bottom picture isn't off my van and no other vehicle could have driven over it had it been broken off my van, but then again this is not CSI Campervan ...

20200916_103457.jpg

20200916_103507.jpg

The only visible damage under the van is the under engine panel, the plastic has sheared off the bolts probably with the weight of water above. I've checked
all the lights, diesel heater etc, no warning lights, strange noises and driven back 200 miles. If I get away with a replacement under engine panel already
ordered off Ebay for sixty quid I'll be happy with that. If the part above did come off the van then I'd expect to see something still there but broken or
something completely gone and the remainder would still be lying on a flooded road in the Highlands.

Anything obvious missing?

20200916_102918.jpg

20200916_102846.jpg

20200916_102910.jpg

20200916_102928.jpg

Last edited:
It looks fine. That doesn’t look like it’s off a T6, and it looks much older.

Pete

Reactions: KR.
I have removed and refitted all under panels on mine and that doesn’t look like any of them

Okay, I'm kind of happy that the panel picked up isn't mine but on closer look is this significant? There's obviously something missing there, but don't know
when it's happened? Any idea what it's called, part number or such like? I like to keep things protected underneath if possible, it looks like a lot of crap could
end up in there....

underside2.jpg

Back underneath the van, the part number is on the broken panel - 7E0825208A . There are two main panels along the driver side, this is the forward one.
I've ordered a replacement off Ebay, there's too much unprotected space up there for my liking.

I think the area where the wires are showing are where the adblue tank is. Couple pics attached if someone can advise? Part number would be handy too

50CC65AB-15C6-4803-BC8D-A0AD6E1E3A30.jpeg

4B16AD7C-9F06-46A5-B08F-7979976680D9.jpeg

I think the white stud hanging in the breeze is something of a giveaway! Have you spoken to the stealer?

Not sure if it helps but i recently ripped mine off a T6.1 going through a deep puddle ???. The part number for that was 7E0825205 but VW did ask for the year to make sure. It was £70 by the way.

Back