OEM plastic underbody trim/covers

Does any have any pics on how this fits mine also ripped off but has also damaged the heating shielding
It's the front passage side plastic cover
Thanks

20200301_114341.jpg

Hi All, I bought a T6 around 5 weeks ago and it has similar o/s (right) underbody trim damage as mentioned in this post.

Did this ever get fixed? The local VW Van Centre has quoted just under £300 to put good!

I need part number 7E0 825 208 A. I have seen this on fleabay for the following parts for £105:

Number 11 - 7E0825208A
Number 15 - 7E0825210
Number 11A - 7E0825962

Part number 15 above looks to be an extra piece of fairly large trim I don't think I need?

Has anyone fitted one of these? Are they easy to fit? Any thoughts on where else to get - possibly even cheaper (although I'd be saving nearly £200 fitting it myself)?

Hi

Bought my first T6 multivan 204 hk -2016 for like a week ago. What a car, feels very luxury driving around my kids in this car.

But, premiere tour to skiing paradise here in Sweden I managed to damage an safety shield underneath the car. I'm trying to find out what part and where to order this but can't figure that out.
It's the first of (what I think) three plastic shields covering brake pipes and more underneath. The heat shield next to it that covers the exhaust was also damaged.

I've attached a picture...

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

//lund

20200304_165825.jpg

I bought a T6 around 5 weeks ago and it has o/s (right) underbody trim damage (item 11 below):

The local VW Van Centre has quoted just under £300 to replace!

I need part number 7E0 825 208 A. I have seen this on fleabay for the following parts for £105:

Number 11 - 7E0825208A
Number 15 - 7E0825210
Number 11A - 7E0825962

Part number 15 above looks to be an extra piece of fairly large trim I don't think I need?

Has anyone fitted one of these? Are they easy to fit? Any thoughts on where else to get - possibly even cheaper (although I'd be saving nearly £200 fitting it myself)?

I’ve taken the side ones off to fit side bars and they are really easy to fit if you have the right fixings. Certainly easier than accepting the cost of the parts!

I was just about able to do it using my camper levelled ramps too

It seemed to me that the forward edge goes under the next further forward piece if that helps (it might show that on the diagram you attached but that doesn’t make much sense to me)

You could try TPS ....bit hit and miss supposed to be trade only :)

All those under trim parts are silly money for what they are, i removed my sidebars and was left with slits in mine and they were drooping a bit so wanted to replace them and ended up finding a nearly full set in Poland that i bought for very little money via allegro (was already ordering parts so additional postage was cheap)

All those under trim parts are silly money for what they are, i removed my sidebars and was left with slits in mine and they were drooping a bit so wanted to replace them and ended up finding a nearly full set in Poland that i bought for very little money via allegro (was already ordering parts so additional postage was cheap)
Thanks Paul: Allegro is a new one on me. Just had a look and in theory, the part is available for £54 (seller doesn't offer UK postage option). The item is:

OSŁONA PODŁOGI VW TRANSPORTER T5 T6 7E0825208A

My local VW Van Centre will charge £75, and TPS is £69 (thanks VanDamMan) payment upfront. So it looks like I'll buy locally - thanks for all your help/advice.

I can’t tell what part that is from the photo but I thought the underbody plastics have the part number stamped on all the ones I’ve taken off do anyway.

@CaptainZag has the same issue and may be able to help from his own investigations

sounds like it could be expensive though:thumbsdown:

I guess that photo was quite far north and not taken near Lund? I was over in Uppsala last week and they had no snow at all!

I think this may work - I'm trying to post a link from a previous thread:

Underbody Trim Damage O/s (right)

It looks like it could be: part number 7E0825208A. If it is the underbody trim on the o/s right drivers side just behind the wheel arch. It has a section of heat shield attached to it. If it is 7E0825208A, then the prices are below. There are a few diagrams on the web, but they can be confusing:

If it is 7E0825208A - on the Polish Allegro site the part is available for £54 (seller doesn't show UK postage option). The item is:

OSŁONA PODŁOGI VW TRANSPORTER T5 T6 7E0825208A

My local VW Van Centre will charge £75, and TPS is £69 (thanks VanDamMan) payment upfront.

Actually, sorry I guess these are specific to whether it’s LHD or RHD and I guessing you drive on the wrong side of the road Lund?;)

You guys should have stuck with us instead of making the switch to the dark side:D

Thx for all the answers and input.

Actually found the serial when I laid down the puzzle and it seems to be the one you suggests.

Haven't got the time to check what's and if any difference between correct or right steering. Only thing I know for sure is that I need my strong arm pulling handbrake corners around Astons in my Volvo:)

Thank you for the response. The site you linked to is very helpful and also pretty confusing. Hopefully I will find the right piece. But what it looks like is that you are on the spot.

Ps. Sweden changed to rightside traffic 1967 at a Sunday morning. Famous picture from that moment.

1280px-Kungsgatan_1967.jpg

very helpful and also pretty confusing.
I agree. Helpful and confusing. It took me quite a while to work out the correct part. Sweden: I was lucky enough to visit in the late 70’s in an old converted panel van my father had put seats and windows in (Stockholm, Örebro etc). Very fond memories......

Hi @CaptainZag I fitted the part number 11 myself, very easy to do, there are predrilled holes and you just need a few screws. As long as you have some ramps or another way of giving a few inches clearance, you'll be fine. I got mine from a Vw autoparts shop and it was around £120 I could have got cheaper off ebay but wanted to ensure was the right part. Hope this helps you.

Brilliant- thanks for your advice. I’m a bit rusty with crawling around under cars and home maintenance, but I’ll get the part order and give it a go.

New one put on whilst being MOT'd by a local independent as he has a nice lift and I don't :thumbsup:.

Part number was 7E0825205F and cost me £76.74 for the cover and £11.52 for fixings, both plus value added theft and a bit of labour.

There were added complications getting the old one off too, the impact had bent some of the fixings making them difficult to undo. I am so glad I didn't attempt it just lying under the van. Must get a proper jack and some heavy duty axle stands for next time ;)
Hah! you have saved me a lot of time with your research. I have the same problem with 7E0825205E but I can not find the part anywhere online. Where did you eventually buy the part. Thanks

Back