OEM Parking Heater - Will it see me through the night?

VWSAWKS

Crafter
T6 Pro
Hi all, some advice would be great. I have a new van on order and speced with factory parking heater however someone has mentioned this will not be any good for sleeping in the van because the heater will only stay on for a maximum of 2 hours, is this true? Thanks to anyone that can help.

That's interesting, the reason I've asked is because I'm having the van converted when it arrives and the company that are converting it told me this. They have 15 years experience in converting vans so I thought they must know what they are talking about.. Anyone have a van with the parking heater that can confirm it's the same as the California heating system?

I have a factory fitted heater. The operation time is set using the settings on the overhead control panel. The Remote setting has a maximum of 2 hours. Remote is the radio key fob. The heater timer when activated from the on button on the controller can be set to infinite.

I have a factory fitted heater. The operation time is set using the settings on the overhead control panel. The Remote setting has a maximum of 2 hours. Remote is the radio key fob. The heater timer when activated from the on button on the controller can be set to infinite.
Perfect. Is your van the 6.1 because my converter said two hour max was on the t6 so wasn't 100 percent sure about 6.1 heating system

Would you mind posting a picture of your control unit please?
Temperature can be set between 1 and 10. Time can be set from 10 minutes to 120 minutes in increments of 5 minutes then next press is infinite

FB480908-4FDB-4AE8-8B58-DDA4D5738C27.jpeg
4B5A6FA1-1004-46ED-BE96-8A8A88F03FD9.jpeg

Yes it holds the temperature by coming on and off and changing the fan speed. 1 is relatively cool and 10 is fkin roasting :cry:

I keep it on 1 or 2 throughout the night.

Hi All, does anyone know if a genuine controller can be retrofitted and then mused to control an aftermarket Eberspacher or similar heater?

Does that just come up with the word “ heat” ?

Back