Oem Front Fog Question

widu13

Retired Bobby
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi All, quick one. My N/S fog light is loose and only appears held in by one fixing on the left hand side of the light. What fixing holds it in? From the diagram it looks like a simple posi grub screw; anything else? A spring clip to screw into?

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:
Yes there are two screws (one either side) that screw into the plastic housing/mount that secures it to bumper

Firstly I'm a muppet. Different fog light altogether :oops:

Somehow the "hook" mount and one of the screw fixings (top) have sheared off. The hook has completely sheared off and is missing and I have plasti-welded and glued the top fixing. It was just held on by the bottom one fixing!

Capture.PNG
Does anyone know if the aftermarket ones are any good and a good match for the OE ones? I'm guessing that the LHD OE ones shine their light differently as they seem to have differing part numbers, which is a shame as there are plenty on ebay.de. One part catalogue claims it is 7E0941661 but others disagree!

Does anyone know how much a OE one would be, and if the aftermarket OEM ones are decent which one is a close match to the OE one and it's cost?

Part numbers are
7E0941661B - left
7E0941662B - right

They are not handed for lhd and rhd but all the same, retail is £67 + vat on a new one

Update. Ordered one which claims to be from a new van. Not too sure if it is a clone part as everything appears exactly the same, marking etc but the label on the new one says VW AG where the VW logo is on the old one. £45 delivered from Germany. Once you know how to access it, changing it is literally a 10-15 min job. There was no lens damage on the old one so my guess is the van had gently rear ended something before hence no bumper damage, but had enough force to break and snap the fixings.

Temp bodge and issue with the previous lamp - broken top fixing and the fixing lug broken off:

IMG_20200125_123337_3.jpg IMG_20200125_123349_0.jpg IMG_20200125_123356_5.jpg

Last edited:
Update. Ordered one which claims to be from a new van. Not too sure if it is a clone part as everything appears exactly the same, marking etc but the label on the new one says VW AG where the VW logo is on the old one. £45 delivered from Germany. Once you know how to access it, changing it is literally a 10-15 min job. There was no lens damage on the old one so my guess is the van had gently rear ended something before hence no bumper damage, but had enough force to break and snap the fixings.

Temp bodge and issue with the previous lamp - broken top fixing and the fixing lug broken off:

View attachment 59108 View attachment 59109 View attachment 59110
Hi.
I've got the same issue, recently bought our first van, a T6 and the offside front fog light was water filled. Managed to empty it through the small flap in the rear of the bumper, but a piece of plastic came out. Looks like one of the brackets had sheared off. Did you manage to fix this without taking the whole bumper off? Thanks, Alex

Hi.
I've got the same issue, recently bought our first van, a T6 and the offside front fog light was water filled. Managed to empty it through the small flap in the rear of the bumper, but a piece of plastic came out. Looks like one of the brackets had sheared off. Did you manage to fix this without taking the whole bumper off? Thanks, Alex

Hi Alex, an easy fix. I removed half of the screws for the inner mudguard and peeled it back with the wheel still on. This gave sufficient room toc change the light unit. It was a 20 min job all in.

Hi Alex, an easy fix. I removed half of the screws for the inner mudguard and peeled it back with the wheel still on. This gave sufficient room toc change the light unit. It was a 20 min job all in.
Ah, that's great, thanks very much for the quick reply. I'll give that a go at the weekend.

Back