ClimAir wind deflectors

On the verge of ordering a set of these Climair deflectors in smoke grey but not keen on the blue branding on the outside. Can anyone who has them advise, is it a sticker that can be removed? Thanks

Can anyone recommend a reliable place to buy these from please. Google brings up so many sites, not sure which are good or bad.

On the verge of ordering a set of these Climair deflectors in smoke grey but not keen on the blue branding on the outside. Can anyone who has them advise, is it a sticker that can be removed? Thanks
Yes its a sticker, i removed mine

got to admit, they seem to fit and stay put far better than the hekos
my last hekos lasted 3 days before the drivers side came away and flew across the m5!

i didnt drill for the climair, i used a red hot needle to pilot the tiny hole required, as i have done that before and it raises a tiny bead of plastic on extraction, which, if it goes wrong, can be smoothed over with a red hot tiny flat end screwdriver
always learnt to " move material, rather than remove if possible " as as youngster
Move material rather than remove material…..that’s exactly what I do when SWMBO says I’m fat!!!

Can anyone recommend a reliable place to buy these from please. Google brings up so many sites, not sure which are good or bad.
I just ordered them from Chilli Jam Vans ebay shop. Decent price and they seem to have excellent feedback. Looks like they sell them via their own website too.

I'm about to buy some Climair wind deflectors, but don't know whether to buy black or smoke.
Is the smoke version dark enough to stop people seeing in?
Is the black version light enough to see out?
I want to be able to leave the window cracked open while parked, but I also want to be able to see motorbikes on roundabouts!

Great question - I am undecided too! I might plump for the black ones though. When I had my smoked Hekos, I found I didn’t look through them anyway. (Changing for Climair as I lost a Heko while driving and @Skyliner33 did a review of them all with Climair coming out tops!)

The A pillar is enormous so a 1” strip of plastic isn’t going to make much difference to your observations.

If I’m approaching a T junction I can lose a whole car behind the passenger side A pillar if our closing speeds coincide! I always have an extra left / right look!

I struggle with my smoked DubFlecta ones!

The A pillar is enormous so a 1” strip of plastic isn’t going to make much difference to your observations.

If I’m approaching a T junction I can lose a whole car behind the passenger side A pillar if our closing speeds coincide! I always have an extra left / right look!
Exactly this @colinthechemist - you’ll just get used to the ‘thicker’ a-pillar size and move your head for vision.

This is definitely another personal opinion thread so here is my 2 pence worth :think smile bounce:

I have the smoked Climair deflectors and really happy with them. They have a good tint and you struggle to see the window is open unless your up close. I went for these over the black for better visibility as others have said, granted its only marginal but all helps in my opinion. I deliberately didn't go for black as you wont see out through them at all.

This is definitely another personal opinion thread so here is my 2 pence worth :think smile bounce:

I have the smoked Climair deflectors and really happy with them. They have a good tint and you struggle to see the window is open unless your up close. I went for these over the black for better visibility as others have said, granted its only marginal but all helps in my opinion. I deliberately didn't go for black as you wont see out through them at all.
guess who just ordered them in black?!!!

Now you're making me doubt myself!

I fitted a set of Climair smoked last month and I'm happy with them. I'd say with the window down a couple of cm you can't tell from the outside...

View attachment 136695

They look great - would you mind posting a close up photo of the screw fixing in the wing mirror fascia? The photo on Vanstyle (below), shows a silver mounting bracket and small screw (which is a bit of a design blunder IMO, should be black). But it could be a really old image and they may have since changed the design. Can't see any silver on your pic? Thanks in advance.

Climair.jpg

They look great - would you mind posting a close up photo of the screw fixing in the wing mirror fascia? The photo on Vanstyle (below), shows a silver mounting bracket and small screw (which is a bit of a design blunder IMO, should be black). But it could be a really old image and they may have since changed the design. Can't see any silver on your pic? Thanks in advance.
I don't have a photo, but I ordered smoked ones directly from Climair UK directly and they came with black bracket and black screw.

I ordered on the phone, they were really helpful

Back