OBD Tool

t6ffw

Hey all new to VW and to T6 world and have spent many years with landrovers and I have always had a specific OBD tool that allowed me to access all the onboard ECU's.

Is there a good tool /option for T6?

Thanks in advance.

Carista is a great budget option and will allow you to scan for faults and reset fault codes and also carry out some predetermined changes but it does not allow long coding or adaption channel changes
VCDS is the main tool for carrying out higher level changes and diagnosis, it has loads of functions and allows you to access long coding and all adaption channels etc as well as live view data/measuring blocks along with logging and the price reflects this
OBD Eleven sits somewhere in the middle on price and functionality

I guess it depends on exactly what you want to do with it ?

Does anyone on here use OBD11?
Would it do the stop start disable and door mirror fold?
I cant find out if it does those, but it seems the pro version does some long coding.

I cant find out if it does those, but it seems the pro version does some long coding.

I use OBD11 and have done my headlight main/dip coding fine with it. In general it works fine to flip bits in all the main modules. I’m not sure about mirror fold but I don’t think it will disable start/stop (but I don’t think VCDS can do that either?).

Think the vcp can do the stop/start disable, I know we looked into vcds at the northwest meet but was unable to go to anything.
Pretty sure @Pauly gas done a few with vcp.

Yes VCP can do it but there is a way with VCDS also that a few people have done successfully, @Loz has done it and works fine
If you search the start stop disable thread it’s a few pages in and involves tweaking one of the adaption channels so VCDS is fine but Carista can only do coding and not adaptions (afaik) so won’t be able to do it

There are a couple minor mods that are done through adaptions like start stop and needle sweep so if those to aren’t deal breakers then it’s not a bad buy

I'm looking to reset 'airbag error' (occurred when disconnected, upgrading stereo)
Enable rear speaker fade
Possibly start/stop (truly annoying)
And any other features people would recommend.... what is the best tool please guys??
If Carista will do the error and rear speakers I'd be reasonably happy.

Carista will reset airbags. Dont recall seeing an option for speakers however.

Hi all. Need to do an air bag reset and a startline steering wheel upgrade to a Polo Flat bottom GTI MFSW. Doesn't sound like Carista will do the latter so I assume ODB Eleven will do both?

How did you do this. I’ve got an OBDeleven and put in rear speakers. Getting fader would be good

Sorry, it was a while ago and I didn’t document it! I assume the setting is in a reasonably sensible place though, I don’t remember messing around with it too much. Have a look through the audio section and see if it’s there?

I did my rear speaker fade with obd11. It will do fault resets too.
I can't find the correct bit either. If it's not too much trouble, and you have a chance in the future, would you mind taking a screen shot of your long coding please? Would be very grateful.

I can't find the correct bit either. If it's not too much trouble, and you have a chance in the future, would you mind taking a screen shot of your long coding please? Would be very grateful.

Sorry, I don’t remember, it was ages ago. It’s possible I used OBD11 to activate the engineering mode on the stereo and chose the option on the stereo itself. I describe how to do that here:

Some screenshots and the history export file from obd11
Thanks... so yours is actually a T6.1 - congratulations :waving:
Electrically T6.1 is very different animal than the ancient T6, including all the codings and adaptations.

So the link provided applies only remotely to yours. The K-value and wheel circumference mentioned in the link are "read-only" values (via Live Data in OBDeleven) which are altered by changing the coding.

Battery voltage high enough? Engine running/not running?

Back