How To Remove These From Heats Shield

michael thorpe

VIP Member
T6 Pro
can anyone tell me if the underbody trim have trim fittings as well taken all the fasteners off that i can see and still not move.

There are a few bolts and some of these
39DCD4AB-5360-4410-852A-8F3361D15465.jpeg

You can unscrew them.

Thanks
Are these holding them all together so you can take it off in one piece or are they at the back heat shield ?

Just wondering if there is a technique to get these off to remove the heat shield or is it a case of destroy them and buy new?

Pnnr%m4yTjWwtVX9fu36kQ.jpg

They screw off

That’s all I did, keep twisting and pulling and they work there way down and off

Long nose pliers or a small screwdriver work a treat for getting them started. just give em' a spin and your away!

Yep, as per all the above, I popped a flat head screwdriver into them and just untwisted them.

Is there a specific tool to remove these things?
upload_2019-11-9_10-6-25.png
I'm sick of slicing my fingers open when trying to remove them manually, can't always get a pair of needlenose pliers in to do it either.

Bit of wood with two carefully spaced nails? Perhaps a drilled hole to go over the stud?

What are they ? Heat shield fixings?

Ian

They are used in various places to hold heat shields and plastic underbody protection parts in place.

I'll be the first then...

I have been looking for a good nut washing tool for ages - never one of my other half's strong points... :smile bounce:

Long nosed pliers. They’re a bugger when the screw is rusted - just prise the centre out with the pliers and it’ll unscrew. Wear gloves when unscrewing as they ruin the tips of your fingers :mad:

Back