Numpty lowering question

Epic-Rob

Kiwi member
VIP Member
T6 Guru
OK so i acquired some 30mm lower eibach springs for my std 2016 T32.
Today we gets the front shock off but the mechanic wasn't sure if there was enough adjustment on the shock top nut to compress the new shorter spring down.
will it be fine or is there some spacers i might need under the top nut?

We didn't take it apart till confirmed :)

OK so i acquired some 30mm lower eibach springs for my std 2016 T32.
Today we gets the front shock off but the mechanic wasn't sure if there was enough adjustment on the shock top nut to compress the new shorter spring down.
will it be fine or is there some spacers i might need under the top nut?

We didn't take it apart till confirmed :)
Hi...Similar to you i had the VW Sportline 30mm springs fitted ( which are eibach ) and as far as I know it’s a straight swop with standard shocks ( but make sure you’ve got the correct springs for T32 ..they are load rated ) but for a better answer give @BognorMotors or @CRS Performance a shout :)

Hi...Similar to you i had the VW Sportline 30mm springs fitted ( which are eibach ) and as far as I know it’s a straight swop with standard shocks ( but make sure you’ve got the correct springs for T32 ..they are load rated ) but for a better answer give @BognorMotors or @CRS Performance a shout :)
I am never going to carry that weight in a camper so would weight rating be much of an issue?

I am never going to carry that weight in a camper so would weight rating be much of an issue?
It’s akin to saying “do I really need insurance when I’m not going to crash?”
You probably won’t ever need a liability cover of £20m or whatever it is your insurer will cover you to, but it’s nice to know it’s there. Same with load-rated wheels and tyres.

That, and it’s the law.

Plenty of people run without the correct rating, it’s just when you get caught it becomes a problem.

All quality lowering springs are coiled in such a way that they stay firmly in the top and bottom mounts with out coming loose when the van is lifted free of the ground . Its called dual rate and usually identifiable by some of the coils being coiled closer together than others , The weight actually compresses them flat . so they are more like a spacer than a spring . You wont have a problem BUT remember to put the ally spacer plate above the bearing as this is a vital part .

Like they all said even if you don’t carry the weight ( mines a T32 Kombi day van play van ) the insurance companies won’t like it and safety is paramount when your carrying your family ...always ensure you use rated components
Safety advice is always given By any forum member, ...we all laugh and joke at times :inlove: But will always offer help:thumbsup: ...

update....just looked your a bit far away....hope you get it sorted ... mate

Last edited:
All quality lowering springs are coiled in such a way that they stay firmly in the top and bottom mounts with out coming loose when the van is lifted free of the ground . Its called dual rate and usually identifiable by some of the coils being coiled closer together than others , The weight actually compresses them flat . so they are more like a spacer than a spring . You wont have a problem BUT remember to put the ally spacer plate above the bearing as this is a vital part .
Ally spacer above the bearing? is the ally spacer there or is that a part i need to add (that would come with the lower springs) and bearing? - wheel bearing end???

Back