Not a VW....But Nearly....

Is that a Karoq or the next one up ?
They come with a lot of toys don’t they ?

Pete

Is that a Karoq or the next one up ?
They come with a lot of toys don’t they ?

Pete
Hi Pete..
Its a Karoq Edition....but do like the blind spot detection...You can have too many toys...big change to her 10yr old Jazz :)

At least its not a manual, you dodged a bullet there. Hopefully you haven't got the 1.5TSI which is troublesome to say the least.

They do come with a lot of toys, but in the three years we've had ours, the "toys" haven't played ball every day, and the best piece of advice I had from a Skoda mechanic was, switch off the ignition, open and close the drivers door, then switch everything back on again. Tricky to do half way down the M1 though.

At least its not a manual, you dodged a bullet there. Hopefully you haven't got the 1.5TSI which is troublesome to say the least.

They do come with a lot of toys, but in the three years we've had ours, the "toys" haven't played ball every day, and the best piece of advice I had from a Skoda mechanic was, switch off the ignition, open and close the drivers door, then switch everything back on again. Tricky to do half way down the M1 though.

Hi @Scruffy ... Well we did get the 1.5tsi but the wife drives 200miles twice a week ..no gremlins yet...my brother has a end of line Golf 7 same engine manual and he loves it ....but it’s a bit like a T6 some are problematic and others are a dream....thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

ps Didn’t even get sill guards as standard ..must copy VW cheap skates :rolleyes:

Last Year I bought a Skoda Fabia for my wife. She's happy with it.

We (SWMBO) have a 2018 Octavia with the 1.5tsi engine and love it. The only criticism is engine stutter when cold - its almost like the anti stall is fighting with the throttle inputs and it kangaroos a bit when first pulling away. Its had a software update which improved it but not eliminated. Once its warm it goes completely.

One of our friends has the Cupra (Seat) equivalent of @VanDamMan s Skoda and detests with a vengeance the lane assist. She feels the car is taking over steering and feels unsafe to the extent she disables it every time she gets in. Apparently it it a safety feature giving it its low insurance rating so cannot be permanently deactivated even with VCDS.

Personally, I think cars have got too much tech in them to the extent it is a distraction from driving. Some things are brilliant like parking sensors/cameras and blind spot assist but many are superfluous marketing gimmicks.

Lovely looking car though - report back in a few months on how you’re getting on with it.

Ian

We (SWMBO) have a 2018 Octavia with the 1.5tsi engine and love it. The only criticism is engine stutter when cold - its almost like the anti stall is fighting with the throttle inputs and it kangaroos a bit when first pulling away. Its had a software update which improved it but not eliminated. Once its warm it goes completely.

One of our friends has the Cupra (Seat) equivalent of @VanDamMan s Skoda and detests with a vengeance the lane assist. She feels the car is taking over steering and feels unsafe to the extent she disables it every time she gets in. Apparently it it a safety feature giving it its low insurance rating so cannot be permanently deactivated even with VCDS.

Personally, I think cars have got too much tech in them to the extent it is a distraction from driving. Some things are brilliant like parking sensors/cameras and blind spot assist but many are superfluous marketing gimmicks.

Lovely looking car though - report back in a few months on how you’re getting on with it.

Ian
We have two Skodas in the family fleet. A 2018 Citigo and a 2019 Kodiaq 4x4 with loads of toys. As different as chalk and cheese. Like them both, Kodiaq good to drive but enjoy the simplicity and few frills of the Citigo.

Funnily, we’re looking to get a Citigo / Mii / Up next year as a learner car for daughter.

Funnily, we’re looking to get a Citigo / Mii / Up next year as a learner car for daughter.
Citigo is well worth a look at. They don't make them any more but should be plenty available. We're holding on to ours for our daughter. She has a 2007 VW Fox which she loves but the Citigo will be ideal when the time comes for the Fox to go.

+1 for the Up / Citigo for an inexperienced driver - we got an Up for our daughter. Not much oomph (a good thing), spacious given its diminutive dimensions and excellent fuel economy.

There is something nice about driving Skoda.
They feel like when Vw was building solid Cars. Something about that feel Vw has lost over the years.
My Father in law is on his 4th Octavia VRS petrol and it’s a nice place where to seat and it’s nice to drive. Shame that taxi feel.

Sorry for the thread hijack - from what I’ve researched the Up / Citigo / Mii range can suffer premature rust around the fuel filler so an area to check / clean / wax. Also benefits from rear arch liners to protect and reduce noise.

Sorry for the thread hijack - from what I’ve researched the Up / Citigo / Mii range can suffer premature rust around the fuel filler so an area to check / clean / wax. Also benefits from rear arch liners to protect and reduce noise.
And they need to have the sills drilled to let water out. If you hear a sloshing noise from the rear it’s not the fuel tank.

Back