Not a Volkswagen but can anyone think of a reason for this..?

Grim Reaper

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I bought a Suzuki Jimny back on the 26th June, picked it up from ChapelHouse Suzuki in Bolton and drove it home.
It went straight up on axle stands to get undersealed with Bilt Hamber Dynax, Sound deadened with Dodo Mat and I fitted an OME lift kit and new tyres.
This weekend, after the lift kit install was complete I moved it off the drive to give it its first wash.
A rinse off aperitif, Snowfoam starter and Meguiars NXT Hand Wash main course before a Bilt Hamber Double Speed wax dessert was in order.
However during the wash, I noticed a mark on the roof, kind of a bubbled paint mark, I rubbed it thinking it was a bit of tar or the like that was stuck to the paint and Lo and Behold, the black paint rubbed off and revealed the white primer underneath!
I've taken some pictures and emailed the dealer them pretty sharpish, but has anyone else seen any paint defects on their cars like this? It looks like it has had either water or another liquid on the primer when the basecoat and clearcoat were done, or it's a poorly executed touch up job,
It has 140 miles on it.

Pic1.jpg
Pic3.jpg

Pic6.jpg

Thats awful! Surely the dealer/ valeter came across this before you got it? It would need the whole roof panel re sprayed for me...

It only looks like that because I scraped the clearcoat and base colour coat off with my fingernail, it looked like the bubbled bits you can see around the white primer that is visible. I thought something was stuck on the surface so went to scrape it off...

Has it had any bird poo sit on it for a while. I remember getting some thick purple stuff on my door once - left for a couple of days before washing off (we were on holiday) and it etched into the lacquer.

Love my old Jim Jam, crap in many ways but soo much fun. Is it true they are pulling the new one from UK markets due to poor emissions ?

No idea on the bird crap, I don't have any trees over the drive, and it's on the roof so difficult to see.
I've been away for 6 weeks on holiday in the past, are they going to say I can't leave it that long between washes/resprays?
True, they are stopping imports of the Jimny into Europe, emmissions at 156g/km of CO2 is holding up the bad end of Suzuki's European fleet, with no fully electric model at the other end to drag it down to 98g/km average the most polluting (despite the fact that it isn't that bad) has to go, I was going to get one in a few years time but once I heard they were pulling it I took the plunge and bought one.
Jimmy.jpg

That's going to be a rare little jeep in the not so near future I have a neighbour who put an order in for 2 and the dealer just said we will see what we can do but no promises. Even although he let slip that his boss had 5 in his garage at his house. So she's not sure what's going to happen now. They might have to travel to get the 2.

My old man was in a position to purchase 2 1960s minis 1 was a 970s and the other was a little 850. He was told at the time that someday they would be worth a lot of money. So he wisely kept them and still has them thank God as there both unrestoed and in very nice condition too. Sorry it's off subject.

Can't answer the original question but how are you finding the Jim
ny so far? I've driven a huge number military and civil 4X4s in my time and also owned a few of my own but even though they sometimes felt like 1950s Soviet era tractors but I've never found anything that made me smile more than the two little Samurai SJs that I owned beck in the 1980s and 90s (one in Cyprus and one here at home). I've taken them over all sorts of terrain and to places that left Land Rovers stuck and will never forget a mates embarrassment when I had to pull him out of trouble when his very expensive Shogun got stuck in sand. I flirted with the idea with the idea of the new Jimny when they were announced but decided that it would probably turn into a garden ornament as I liked my comfort too much in old age.

I have only driven it the hundred odd miles home from the dealer so far, though it was quite quiet, comfortable and fine at 70 on the A1.
As soon as I got it home it went up on axle stands and I have underbody waxed it thoroughly, wax inside doors and chassis rails and added some dodo mat and insulation to the roof, floor and sides much as I did with my T6, I changed the tyres to something more befitting an off roader (Yokohama Geolandars) and I've also done a 2" lift via Old Man Emu kit which has much larger dampers than original so by all accounts should improve the ride significantly.

I have only driven it the hundred odd miles home from the dealer so far, though it was quite quiet, comfortable and fine at 70 on the A1.
As soon as I got it home it went up on axle stands and I have underbody waxed it thoroughly, wax inside doors and chassis rails and added some dodo mat and insulation to the roof, floor and sides much as I did with my T6, I changed the tyres to something more befitting an off roader (Yokohama Geolandars) and I've also done a 2" lift via Old Man Emu kit which has much larger dampers than original so by all accounts should improve the ride significantly.
I think you've made a good investment there.

Really cool car. Pity they don't make them in convertible.

Used to have a Samurai back in the days (with some mods), really loved driving in it but mileage was not the best at 17l/100km (with big tires though and off roading though...)

I bought a Suzuki Jimny back on the 26th June, picked it up from ChapelHouse Suzuki in Bolton and drove it home.
It went straight up on axle stands to get undersealed with Bilt Hamber Dynax, Sound deadened with Dodo Mat and I fitted an OME lift kit and new tyres.
This weekend, after the lift kit install was complete I moved it off the drive to give it its first wash.
A rinse off aperitif, Snowfoam starter and Meguiars NXT Hand Wash main course before a Bilt Hamber Double Speed wax dessert was in order.
However during the wash, I noticed a mark on the roof, kind of a bubbled paint mark, I rubbed it thinking it was a bit of tar or the like that was stuck to the paint and Lo and Behold, the black paint rubbed off and revealed the white primer underneath!
I've taken some pictures and emailed the dealer them pretty sharpish, but has anyone else seen any paint defects on their cars like this? It looks like it has had either water or another liquid on the primer when the basecoat and clearcoat were done, or it's a poorly executed touch up job,
It has 140 miles on it.

View attachment 81718
View attachment 81719

View attachment 81720
We have a very similar ongoing problem with our 17plate Yeti. It’s currently in the hands of Skoda. The paint is flaking off above the windscreen.

I knew a couple of nurses in Oman who had them, they all loved them and they did fairly well off-roading. This seems to be a bigger version, like the mini. Just bigger?

It is basically the same chassis as the previous version, stiffened up slightly with a cross brace at the front, but the body is more boxy thus looks bigger outside and is bigger inside.
It is possible to lay the seats flat and create a double bed sized sleeping area inside.

Back