Norwich/Norfolk campsites

LuxuryMilk

Hi gang!!
We are hugely lucky enough to have use of my father in laws mint green lwb t6 camper ‘Minty’.

We’re off to Norwich for a 40th birthday but are trying to tag on a few days before. Ideally a day in Norwich, day on the broads and day on the coast.

Anyone got any good recommendations??

Thanks!!!

Norwich has a good park and ride, i'd use that rather than trying to get a site close by. Sprowston one is near the broads

The broads are really nice, but better with a boat, but good for a day visit. Everyone goes to Wroxham, has a large carpark at Roys, easy to hire boats. There are few nature reserves near which are generally nicer. Hickling is nice broad and has camping near by

I think the nearest sites to Yarmouth are at Caister, but again I'd avoid it and do day trip to Yarmouth, the best area like mentioned above is the coastline, anywhwere from Winterton northwards is nice. North norfolk is arguably nicer still, but bit posh and would derserve its own trip. Theres loads of sites on the coast to pick from

We stayed at Manor Farm at East Runton, Cromer last year. Not a bad site and was walking distance to Cromer. We used that as a base for travelling to different areas for a few days.

I've heard Whitlingham Broad is nice and is pretty close to the city.

Wherever you stay report back on here for others to see. :cool:

Norwich has a good park and ride, i'd use that rather than trying to get a site close by. Sprowston one is near the broads

The broads are really nice, but better with a boat, but good for a day visit. Everyone goes to Wroxham, has a large carpark at Roys, easy to hire boats. There are few nature reserves near which are generally nicer. Hickling is nice broad and has camping near by

I think the nearest sites to Yarmouth are at Caister, but again I'd avoid it and do day trip to Yarmouth, the best area like mentioned above is the coastline, anywhwere from Winterton northwards is nice. North norfolk is arguably nicer still, but bit posh and would derserve its own trip. Theres loads of sites on the coast to pick from
Wow! Thank you for all of this!!
We have a birthday party on the Saturday so camping on their drive but thought we would make a week of it and explore what Norfolk has to offer. Thought a Norwich day, broads day and beach day. So maybe staying in the north where it’s a little prettier makes sense. Nothing if that long a drive away.

I've heard Whitlingham Broad is nice and is pretty close to the city.

Wherever you stay report back on here for others to see. :cool:

I saw this place and thought it looked great!!
Says vans are allowed in the lower meadow camping field. £95 for three nights, no electric hookup.

Deersglade: Glamping, Camping and Caravan Park in Norfolk | Deer's Glade
haven't stopped here but its well recommended on the local transporter club. Close drive to Norwich, even closer to Cromer

Mundesley : Links Camping & Caravan Park : Mundesley
It actually pains me to share this as its our spur of the moment retreat to the coast. Stupidly cheap prices and a lovely but not overly tourist type area. Campsite here is spot on Easter bank holiday weekend cost us £18 a night with EHU.

In the Broads I seem to remember there's a good few pubs with their own campsites / moorings just take your pick.

A bit further south of Norwich and right on top of Banham zoo you have: Applewood Countryside Park

So we’re all booked in to The Links for 3 nights from tonight. Can’t wait!! Thank you @damo1023 !!!!

Any suggestions for an afternoon in Norwich other than the market?
Don’t have tonnes of time so might park rather than park and ride. Any surface car parks without height barriers?

And the Broads? Got a boat trip from
Horning in the morning but any PM ideas with a 3 year old. We’ve packed the standup paddle board if there is a good launch point anywhere close?

Rouen Road car park is good for vans, near the football ground and not far into town. :cool:

So we’re all booked in to The Links for 3 nights from tonight. Can’t wait!! Thank you @damo1023 !!!!

Any suggestions for an afternoon in Norwich other than the market?
Don’t have tonnes of time so might park rather than park and ride. Any surface car parks without height barriers?

And the Broads? Got a boat trip from
Horning in the morning but any PM ideas with a 3 year old. We’ve packed the standup paddle board if there is a good launch point anywhere close?
In Norwich, go to Magdalen Street and walk round the antique emporiums (there are loads) then on the way back cross over the bridge to the centre and walk up the old coble streets on the right hand side after the bridge.

Last edited:
If afternoon tea is your thing then try Biddys tearoom it's not far from the market in one of the small side streets.
Be ready to come out quite full.
Cathedral is worth a walk around. Openly admit last time I was up there we spent a bit of time in Castle mall at the retro arcade and crazy golf for something fun.

In Norwich, go to Magdalen Street and walk round the antique emporiums (there are loads) then on the way back cross over the bridge to the centre and walk up the old coble streets on the right hand side after the bridge.
Lovely - thank you for the tips!

If afternoon tea is your thing then try Biddys tearoom it's not far from the market in one of the small side streets.
Be ready to come out quite full.
Cathedral is worth a walk around. Openly admit last time I was up there we spent a bit of time in Castle mall at the retro arcade and crazy golf for something fun.
Oooooooo good shout!!!! Love a cream tea!!!!!

All set up - awning only took an hour which wasn’t too bad for first time with no written instructions!!

Any tips for the broads tomorrow?
We’re on a boat trip from Horning at 1030. Mrs is desperate to get on her paddle board in the afternoon! (Whilst I sit in a pub…!)

C80E7404-13CE-4801-BABC-823895599129.jpeg

Hickling Broad is lovely, especially near to Horsey and Horsey Gap and the beaches along there are awesome...you may see hundreds of seals on the beach there too...but dont tell anyone else.....its a 'hidden gem'!! ;)IMG_5087.jpegIMG_5103.jpeg

Back