North West Exterior Upgrade

JJW

Hi All - get my brand new T6.1 SWB 200 4M Kombi Tues!

I want to upgrade standard highline spec with Matt black alloys (18s),roof rails, side bars and rear spoiler. Can anyone recommend someone in North West to do it? I was thinking of getting from VW direct but not sure quality of parts is same as after market. I've been advised to get someone other than dealer to fit. Any help appreciated. Cheers

I want to upgrade standard highline spec with Matt black alloys (18s),roof rails, side bars and rear spoiler. Can anyone recommend someone in North West to do it? I was thinking of getting from VW direct but not sure quality of parts is same as after market. I've been advised to get someone other than dealer to fit. Any help appreciated. Cheers
I would say the quality of OEM parts you are thinking of is better than aftermarket. All apart from the rear spoiler should be self fit.

Thanks. I wouldn't know where to start with fitting the spoiler...most I have found online are not painted and my van is Starlight Blue. Also quickly looked at the Matte side bars £130 with Leighton and £400 for VW. That's a big diff!

Thanks. I wouldn't know where to start with fitting the spoiler...most I have found online are not painted and my van is Starlight Blue. Also quickly looked at the Matte side bars £130 with Leighton and £400 for VW. That's a big diff!
I didn’t say the OEM stuff was cheap. I would use a body shop to fit the spoiler as well.

True. I'll go with OEM probably, I got an extended warranty and don't want to lose that. Thanks for your help.

True. I'll go with OEM probably, I got an extended warranty and don't want to lose that. Thanks for your help.
I wouldn’t worry about aftermarket wheels / bars affecting warranty.

"Veedubtransporters" do painted spoilers. I haven't got one yet so cannot comment on quality. Vanstyle roof/side bars are very good quality according to my mate who has fitted them to his. I will be going down this route as OEM stuff is too expensive for cosmetic stuff. Vantech roof bars have a high load rating (75kg I think) if you are looking to carry anything up top at some point. Did you get your van from Preston VW van centre ?? I got mine from there and can't rate them highly enough. Great folk to deal with. Ordered mine at the end of June and got it 30 Nov. T32 204 DSG SWB 4MO. Love it to bits and have just bought some 18" KMC Rockstar 811D's for it so I can put AT tyres on it. You will love your van when you get it!!!

Hi Dinks, sounds like we ordered same Van at same time!.I specd it up with twin sliders and led lights and a few more. I wanted to go with Preston but I couldn't ignore the 14% discount by Vw JCB Group in Kent. Mine arrived there first week in Jan and get it Tues. I think I'm gonna try and find someone locally to do the upgrade who knows the quality of the parts, I just assumed OEM would be better and needed for warranty but doesn't seem case. Seat Skins is also in Wigan where I am so might have a drive down there. I love the alloys you have, I'd be interested to hear how you find AT tyres on Van. I'm still stuck on what look to so for. Not keen on full sporty look or the full Swamper but just want it looking smart??? I've got a feeling this is gonna take up a bit of my time but can't wait to have Van.

Hi Dinks, sounds like we ordered same Van at same time!.I specd it up with twin sliders and led lights and a few more. I wanted to go with Preston but I couldn't ignore the 14% discount by Vw JCB Group in Kent. Mine arrived there first week in Jan and get it Tues. I think I'm gonna try and find someone locally to do the upgrade who knows the quality of the parts, I just assumed OEM would be better and needed for warranty but doesn't seem case. Seat Skins is also in Wigan where I am so might have a drive down there. I love the alloys you have, I'd be interested to hear how you find AT tyres on Van. I'm still stuck on what look to so for. Not keen on full sporty look or the full Swamper but just want it looking smart??? I've got a feeling this is gonna take up a bit of my time but can't wait to have Van.
My mate has had his converted at Freedom conversions in Chorley. I haven't been round to look at it yet as he has only just got it back but he did tell me in the pub that he is well chuffed with the job they made of it, and he is somewhat of a perfectionist and will most certainly have shopped around. I will be going round to see them about getting some rear windows installed as I don't cherish the thought of taking a grinder to a 50k van !!! The rest of the mods like soundproofing/insulation, roof bars and spoilers etc. I will do myself though. With regards to the AT tyres. I have had them on my last 3 vehicles so am not expecting them to be noticeably any noisier than my All season tyres that it came with. I will let you know how I find them when I get around to fitting them.

The custom shop liverpool
Dc conversions in Runcorn
And lowlife in Cheshire are all decent guys.

Back