External night-heater and underbody plastics question

Farnorthsurfer

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
sorry seems like a daft Q
If I fit a diesel air heater externally under the drivers seat I assume I put the plastic panel back on the underside?
If so where does the wee exhaust go?
Lots of heater installation photos looked at but not yet worked out how the undertray goes back on along with the exhaust.

The exhaust and air inlet pipes will run out of the plastic close to the engine / centre of the chassis, as there is a gap there for the factory heater. They’ll then follow that piece of plastic backwards, round to the cill.
They’ll be angled backwards, with the intake leading and the exhaust following, so that the intake is always afforded clean air.

The exhaust and air inlet pipes will run out of the plastic close to the engine / centre of the chassis, as there is a gap there for the factory heater. They’ll then follow that piece of plastic backwards, round to the cill.
They’ll be angled backwards, with the intake leading and the exhaust following, so that the intake is always afforded clean air.
And as you have an EU5 van, you could mount the heater underneath your passenger seat (provided you don’t have the Webasto ThermoTop option installed).

Back