noisy rear [resolved]

TimDownes

noisy rear - I have recently bought a t6 combo = 2018 model t32 - there is a lot of noise from the rear and I can't decide what it is - options seem to me to be rear doors (tailgate) or suspension connections - the van has 38k miles on the clock - has anyone got a view on what this is most likely to be please ? many thanks Tim

What sort of noise do you mean? anything specific or just road noise? All stock vehicles are pretty loud in the rear with road noise as its a commercial vehicle.

It will require some sound insulation/ soundproofing to make it a more luxury passenger vehicle. loads of threads on here about it, I found this one useful:

Hi Thanks for this but no almost certainly not road noise - its squeaky /metal on metal type noise with knocking too

Have someone pull on the handle inside on the tailgate whilst you drive a mile up the road

If its rattling, probably the tailgate rattling on the lock. Either adjust damper stops or door lock/latch to tighten door to stop rattle.
Cheers
Ian

Had this on my prev T6, turned out to be the rear tailgate, bump stops needed adjusting
Thanks very much for this - it’s now sorted and a pleasure to drive

If its rattling, probably the tailgate rattling on the lock. Either adjust damper stops or door lock/latch to tighten door to stop rattle.
Cheers
Ian
Thanks very much - all sorted and silent

Anyone come across more of a tinkling noise, fairly consistent when it's there, like a metallic rattle with road bumps, but can be silent for short spells as well? I've tried the dampers and greased latch tricks.

Anyone come across more of a tinkling noise, fairly consistent when it's there, like a metallic rattle with road bumps, but can be silent for short spells as well? I've tried the dampers and greased latch tricks.
get someone in the rear and pull door tight into seals when driving to see if this resolves it. If so, something to do with doors and not cables rattling. adjust door locks to make door tighter on seals

Mines squeeking, its driving me mad, now that I have read the pull on door handle from inside idea it may help me decide where coming from.
I've tried vasaline on dampers / stops and hydraulic struts and the hard palstic meeting points on side and it helps a bit, it actually stops squeeking when i turn to the right slightly and come back when turn to the left slightly so its something to do with the movement of the body/chassis roll. its a a mission to find it

Ahh ok i shall try that to. I do Notice that both my dampers have worn thin or at least I thought, clearly allen key hole but nevertheless thin

Mines squeeking, its driving me mad, now that I have read the pull on door handle from inside idea it may help me decide where coming from.
I've tried vasaline on bump / stops and hydraulic struts and the hard palstic meeting points on side and it helps a bit, it actually stops squeeking when i turn to the right slightly and come back when turn to the left slightly so its something to do with the movement of the body/chassis roll. its a a mission to find it
Did you get this sorted? I had exactly the sallme problem as you described and sorted it today...

Cheers
Ian
I’ve got this same rattle on my T6.1 and narrowed it down to the lock on the rear barn doors. Would someone be able to provide a basic guide on how to adjust damper stops or how to tighten the door. Thanks

Take off rubber bung, Allen key stud out, pull stop in or out to position, refit stud to lock off, put rubber bung back on

PXL_20230801_122426031.jpg:thumbsup:

Back