Noisy pop-top

+1 for Gummi Pflege.
I think you're always going to get some noise from a pop-top because the rigidity of the van has been compromised by cutting a ruddy great hole in the roof.
Mine's a Reimo, it doesn't squeak at all but it will creak sometimes when going over uneven ground where the chassis is flexing.

Finally found out that the annoying squeak I've been encountering was the pop top too.
Surprising how your ears play tricks on you when driving. I was convinced it was the the side door or passenger door/door card.
After being chauffeur driven, realised it was coming from the passenger side of the pop top.
Cleaned all the seals, polished around the aperture with a PTFE based polish then used Nik Wax on the seal and all the canvas areas.
Now squeak free.

Reactions: CAB
I was convinced I had a pop top creak too. Mentioned it to the fitter when I was in to have a heater added and he correctly diagnosed it immediately as the tailgate latch. Fixed inside 2 mins with WD40 and shop towel. Go figure...

You may find that the screws securing the piano hinge on your pop top bed come loose, mainly because they are so short and are fitted into very lightweight (soft) ply.
If you put a couple of drops of superglue into the screw hole before fitting the screw it hardens the wood and the screws stay tight.

You may find that the screws securing the piano hinge on your pop top bed come loose, mainly because they are so short and are fitted into very lightweight (soft) ply.
If you put a couple of drops of superglue into the screw hole before fitting the screw it hardens the wood and the screws stay tight.
This has just happened to me 4 screws holding it to the van behind each bracket (1 in each) completely have come apart - and it’s moved so far forward I can’t move it back? Any ideas wise ones I’m gutted 95A2E9F0-2E4A-4A2A-A886-EA82E8DD0713.jpeg

Back